Gifts for the fitness enthusiast?

Options
kassiebby1124
kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
The title pretty much says it all. My friend's birthday is coming up and I have no clue what to get them. They are a huge fitness junkie (like myself). Any ideas?

Replies

• missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A gift voucher at Nike? :bigsmile:
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    roguefitness.com has lots of good clearance fitness items - and they do gift cards as well
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I asked for lifting straps and a foam roller for my birthday.
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Garmin Fenix. It's a GPS watch plus does a million other things most of which you'll never use ..........but that's beside the point :-)
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    A Fitbit or HRM :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    The title pretty much says it all. My friend's birthday is coming up and I have no clue what to get them. They are a huge fitness junkie (like myself). Any ideas?

a shakeweight.
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    If someone gifted me with a power cage I'd love them forever.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I recently got a gift card for ****'s Sporting goods...very much appreciated.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    <---- a brand new hat =)
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Any fitness enthusiast is always eyeballing a new pair of kicks. A GC to Nike or ****'s would be perfect.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on what your friend already owns. If your friend hasn't dropped any hints about a new program or class they'd like to take I think a gift voucher would probably be your safest bet. That way they get to pick out something they'll really like and/or use.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    A Fitbit or HRM :)

^^^ This. Actually, I guess it depends on what your friend likes to do. If it was me, I'd be thrilled with a Fitbit/HRM or a gift certificate to a store that specializes in running shoes or a new yoga mat or new workout clothes or some dumbbells or a kettle bell (maybe) or just gift cards so I could go find something that fits my needs/desires at that time. :blushing:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Male? Female? What sort of training does this person do? I wouldn't get something random that just happens to be fitness related. You want it to be something they need or at least they'll actually use. For example, a SPIbelt might be a great gift for a runner, but someone who only lifts probably has little use for it. I know it sucks to have to ask someone "What would you like?" but unless you know them really well and know exactly what they need or would enjoy having, then you probably either need to ask or just get them a gift card to a sporting goods store or website.

Also, "fitness junkies" tend to be brand-sensitive, so before you go drop a lot of cash at Niketown, you might want to find out if there are specific brands they like.
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    <---- a brand new hat =)

You definitely NEED a new hat !! Maybe a Seahawks one !! :-)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    What kind of fitness do they like? Do they like to take it easy, as in yoga, pilates, etc? Or, do they like to go high impact, as in crossfit, running, etc? You can get give gift sessions of crossfit and yoga. If they are into running, I would think something they could use while running, depending on where they run. If they run outside a lot, think a new jogging bottle or reflective gear.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Nike Fuel
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Saving this thread for later.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have this woman friend who has a birthday coming up and wants to be a personal trainer. Now I'm thinking maybe I get her a gift card to Dikks Sporting Goods (lol spelling dikk the.right way censored the word). They have yoga mats, foam rollers and kettle balls. As well as volleyball and soccer stuff which she likes. Does that sound good?