Ladies rocking short hair

Options

Replies

• Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!
    Make it work for your lifestyle. :wink:

I did exactly this shortly after I started working out religiously last year. LOL. :laugh:
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!
    Make it work for your lifestyle. :wink:

I agree. I have the same cut as you and I get it super short in the back. It also cuts down on having to get it cut so often. Every three weeks is already too often for me! Besides, my husband likes it short because he says he likes being able to kiss my neck without getting a mouthful of hair!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://tinyurl.com/pmnw2za

51Z0GfoSmEL._SX160_.jpg

I recommend a super wide headband like this (ok, the bling is a bit much, but whatever) ... They're amazing at keeping everything out of the way.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    grow it long,, men want long hair..
    better during sex
    funner.

clearly you don't know how to work short hair... makes an EXCELLENT handle- without all the excess. you're missing out.

There should be an *kitten* slapping and hair pulling class for men. seriously- they are so dense.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have a pixie cut, so my solution was to just cut it shorter so it isn't a problem. When I had it a little longer, but not long enough for a ponytail, bobby pinning worked pretty well for me most of the time.
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    A headband works best for me. It's more to keep the sweat from dripping than to keep it off my face.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I have a pixie cut but when I let it grow longer I usually just use clips, a bandana or baseball hat.
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ...so I don't have to worry about it.

When I worked for a CPA firm, I was one of only 2 men in a department full of ladies. I used to hear this, or a version of it a lot. Someone would get a short hair cut while saying, "It will be easier to take care of, and I don't have to worry about it."

Ultimately, it always ended up the same. It would be nice in the beginning for a day or two. Then as each day passed, it got a little more unkempt and greasy. Then, it would stay that way.

Based on my observations, having short hair is just the manifestation of, "I don't want to wash or take care of my hair anymore."
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I always just wear a hat but that would probably be too hot in a gym.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    i have long hair but I have seen several women with shorter hair part down the midle and do pig tails, usually with a little clip on either side of the part just above the hairline in the back before the bands to help hold up the shorter hair. It seems to stay in place pretty well ( from observing only)
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

When I worked for a CPA firm, I was one of only 2 men in a department full of ladies. I used to hear this, or a version of it a lot. Someone would get a short hair cut while saying, "It will be easier to take care of, and I don't have to worry about it."

Ultimately, it always ended up the same. It would be nice in the beginning for a day or two. Then as each day passed, it got a little more unkempt and greasy. Then, it would stay that way.

Based on my observations, having short hair is just the manifestation of, "I don't want to wash or take care of my hair anymore."

On the other hand, some of us are just really cute and stylish.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just went shorter.

This way I dont worry about it getting in my face and as I sometimes work out at lunchtime, I also dont have to worry about it when I come out of the shower.

Much simpler. Only annoyance is when hubby uses up my jel and does'nt tell me.

I look better with long hair in my own opinion, but this suits my lifestyle and I'd hope people liked me for me, not my hair length!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I use the stretchy elastic handbands with the grippers on them (usually use two) to keep hair out of face. Sometimes if it's really hot and I'm doing outdoorsy activities I rock a dew rag as it helps with the sweat too. :P
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    better during sex
    funner.

Right, and what men prefer is of course most crucial. It dictates ALL my decisions.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Or, you just work with someone really gross.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I meant so I don't have to worry about the sweat dripping down my hair. Short hair is probably higher maintenance than long. No more just throwing it in a pony tail when we want to be lazy. I use way more "product" and have to get it cut a lot more often.
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I keep mine at a really short asymmetrical crop, one side and across the back (on the diagonal) buzz cut out on a #2 blade. No hair hanging on the back of my neck at all, and the diagonal fringe can be caught up in a clip or alice band to keep it off my face.
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    better during sex
    funner.

Right, and what men prefer is of course most crucial. It dictates ALL my decisions.

^ This.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter so it is not in your face.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

LOL - EXACTLY!

I get a lot of compliments on my short hair, and strangely enough, most of them come from men.