Naughty but Nice Snacks - Ideas?

Options
Hi All.

I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas for any snacks I can have at work (office job) that mentally feel like they are a naughty treat but in reality are quite healthy/good for me?

I am not a fan of any fruit (except apples) which makes this quite difficult for me.

I've been living for my apple with a tbsp of peanut butter every day since my health kick started a mere week ago & I am worried that I will soon get bored & be tempted to snack on something that is actually naughty..

Thanks!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Protein bars.
  • NatashaZoee
    NatashaZoee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Protein bars.

Thanks! Are there any in particular that you would recommend?
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like luna bars. They have a lot of different flavors, pack about 9g of protein, and taste like a treat :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with humous
    oat cakes with spready cheese
    crab sticks
    hard boiled egg
    nuts
    roast broad beans/ wasabi peas
  • aao117
    aao117 Posts: 1
    Options
    Fiber 1 Brownie Bars are my favorite chocolate snack, someone recommended them to me and I love them.

Another great one for me has been whole grain melba toasts. 60 calories/4crackers and I usually top them with a light baby bell cheese. 110 calories and really delicious .
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    I like luna bars. They have a lot of different flavors, pack about 9g of protein, and taste like a treat :)

I have just looked these up on Google - some of them look amazing! Thanks :smile:
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    Ooh that sounds good! I do have a soft spot for cheese so it's win/win :smile:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate.

Trader Joe Espresso beans. :D

coffee- it's nice- because if I don't' have it I'm very naughty.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi All.

I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas for any snacks I can have at work (office job) that mentally feel like they are a naughty treat but in reality are quite healthy/good for me?

I am not a fan of any fruit (except apples) which makes this quite difficult for me.

I've been living for my apple with a tbsp of peanut butter every day since my health kick started a mere week ago & I am worried that I will soon get bored & be tempted to snack on something that is actually naughty..

Thanks!

If you have a freezer to store things in, ice cream/gelato
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    If you have a freezer to store things in, ice cream/gelato

I wish I had a freezer at work! Just a standard fridge unfortunately :cry:
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    dark chocolate.

Trader Joe Espresso beans. :D

coffee- it's nice- because if I don't' have it I'm very naughty.

Dark chocolate could be a good idea - I think I would be less inclined to eat an entire bar in one go & more likely to have just a square or two as it is very rich.
  • 1pettis2
    Options
    Bake your apple with a lil butter/coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg... tastes like apple pie. Dehydrate them to make chips. Use almond or cashew butter for some variety. Make homemade applesauce. Some of these recipes may work for you http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipes.asp?food=apples&a=
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!

ETA- Candied bacon!
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Do you like dried fruit? I didn't used to but I gave it a chance and, now I love it teamed with nuts.
    I often have about 6 almonds and one of those little 14g packets of raisins.
    About 100 calories, easy to stash in work, and it takes a while to eat, so you're getting good value for your 100 calories.
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    Bake your apple with a lil butter/coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg... tastes like apple pie. Dehydrate them to make chips. Use almond or cashew butter for some variety. Make homemade applesauce. Some of these recipes may work for you http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipes.asp?food=apples&a=

This looks fantastic! Thank you so much :smile:
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    Do you like dried fruit? I didn't used to but I gave it a chance and, now I love it teamed with nuts.
    I often have about 6 almonds and one of those little 14g packets of raisins.
    About 100 calories, easy to stash in work, and it takes a while to eat, so you're getting good value for your 100 calories.

I have never tried it to be honest - I have always been put off by my dislike of regular fruit. I'll definitely give it a shot though.

I do quite like the idea of storing a few variety of nuts in my desk for when I fancy something different - I am just never sure of which ones are the best ones to have?
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I have an apple almost everyday also, I eat mine with PB2 chocolate (try it! a lot less calories then regular PB.
    Luna bars are a good option, but they are a little high in sugar so be careful.
    Hummus with carrots or crackers.
    Special K chips
    Snapea Crisps (These are amazing!! They have different flavors.)
    Nutritional shake
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For protein bars I recommend Quest bars, no junk, 20g of protein. Lunar bars are delicious but with 9g of protein I put it in the same category as granola bars - not so great, but better than a candy bar, lol.

If you have a fridge, Greek yogurt comes in a lot of flavors and is delicious.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Mix plain greek yogurt with powdered ranch dressing mix and a little salsa, eat as a dip for carrots, raw broccoli, peppers, etc.
  • valuq
    valuq Posts: 5
    Options
    VEGGIE CHIPS!!! So good to snack on !!!! The green beans are surprisingly sweet too!!!! Yum Yum Yum....:love: