Replies

• frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yum, bumping for later. Going to try these this weekend.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump - must try one day
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds amazing!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanks, these sound yummy.
  • kimel
    kimel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    "bump":smile:
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    this is great! I have all of those ingredients on hand already! maybe I'll add some raisins too :D
  • Kolmi01
    Kolmi01 Posts: 46
    Options
    Bump
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yum!!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    do you think this would work with quick oats?
  • boopsiegrl
    boopsiegrl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    can't wait to make this
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eljurassic
    Options
    Made these last night, the only thing I changed from the three ingredients is that I added a grated square of semi-sweet bakers chocolate to the mix.

Here are my thoughts:

Very easy to make, but you have to have strong willpower if you do make them for a few reasons. The first is there is nothing like the taste of melted peanut butter and honey from the pot. It is a Winnie the Pooh fantasy. Second the pieces are kinda small. They aren't tiny, but they aren't huge either. If you eat the first one fast you could easily go for a second quickly. At 250+ calories having two is not a good idea. With the size in mind let me say they may not be huge but if you take your time and enjoy it they will keep you full (kept me from breakfast to lunch). So it isn't the size that counts it's how you use it.

Overall very tasty breakfast for when I don't have time to make any.
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a variation of this for on-the-go protein bars that I saw floating on this forum. It is 1 cup oats, 1 cup peanut butter and 2 scoops protein powder. I also add 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips to enhance the flavor.

Use just over 1/4 cup of water, add the pb and boil in a microwave (~1 min). Add the oats, protein powder and chips & stir. Form into 4 or 5 bars and cool. The entire batch is 800 cals. I make 5 bars, 160 cals and 8 grams of protein.

If you want, I'm sure you can add honey or extra pb.
  • tkdgirlms
    Options
    Made them last night and decided that I need to lower the amount of honey, it was a bit to sweet for me and I like sweets. :-) Otherwise, good food!
  • flywithgeorge
    flywithgeorge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flowersofdawn
    flowersofdawn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I ended up making these over this past weekend, but I used almond butter instead of peanut butter. It is pretty sweet but the biggest thing I found is that they don't hold up their "bar" form, they are a bit gooey?? It might be the natural almond butter's oils so maybe cutting back on that to about 3/4 a cup would work, or adding a protein powder?

Anyone else have this happen?
  • 123janea
    123janea Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump to try
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump