any lady powerlifter here

how is your body different from bodybuilders

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    typically less definied and less of what women consider "bulky"

Body building is about defining each muscle and scuplting.

Power lifting is about max weight- has nothing to do with what you look like... at all. Check out Holly what's her name- no where near body building status.

They are like apples and oranges.

but you can do both- there isn't a rule that says you can't (I fall in the middle personally)
  • cfinley28
    cfinley28 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm not a female but I am a powerlifter and trainer/coach. Are you considering powerlifting? For what goal?
  • I'm not a female but I am a powerlifter and trainer/coach. Are you considering powerlifting? For what goal?

well i lost 23 kgs but i still have a pot belly.i am not too keen on bodybuilding because of diet rigidity.i would prefer powerlifting since it is about being strong & functional & not asthetics
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Bodybuilding - Aesthetics are the priority, strength is secondary.

Power Lifting - Strength is the priority, aesthetics are secondary.

Of course with both, diet is a big factor in how one will look. I personally like to do a little of both.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    I'm not a female but I am a powerlifter and trainer/coach. Are you considering powerlifting? For what goal?

well i lost 23 kgs but i still have a pot belly.i am not too keen on bodybuilding because of diet rigidity.i would prefer powerlifting since it is about being strong & functional & not asthetics

You dont have to have a rigid diet as a bodybuilder, and you can be an aesthetic powerlifter.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    I'm a powerlifter and most people wouldn't be able to tell that I lift from looking at me.