Recommendations on good sports bras for the endowed!

Options
So when I started working out I was a size 44DDD. There was no chance in me finding a good sports bra without spending $$$, and considering I was going to be losing weight I didn't wanna shell out lots of $$$ on something I wouldn't be wearing for long. I bought a regular no wire cotton bra in a size smaller than I wear & some regular sports bras & doubled up. Worked good for a while to prevent bounce. But now I'm down to a 40DD & its not working as great anymore. Plus I'm super tired of wearing 2 bras. Any well endowed women have a suggestion on a good sports bra that doesn't cost a ton of $$? I'm still going down in size & still don't wanna shell out loads on something I will be wearing for a short time.

Replies

• carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    The search function shall set you free... :flowerforyou:
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I bought one off onestopplus awhile back.. It's great but they don't have that style anymore. They do have some other ones so might be worth checking out. (www.onestopplus.com).
  • saunderl
    saunderl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am also a 40DD and I really like my under armor. I have one that zips up the front so it is very easy to put on and comfortable. I hope this helps
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just bought the best sports bra ever from Bare Essentials in Delaware! I will have to get the name of it when I get home. I am in a 32H and that sucker keeps me still even while running! And I can make it into a razerback bra as well!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Moving Comfort. Got fitted at my local running store and have not needed to double up since!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am a 34 D and used to wear two sports bras for running. I have a moving comfort bra now that I love. Go to a running store, look for bras that are for high impact (very important). Then try it on, jump around in the fitting room, etc. Good luck!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    industrial strength duct tape
  • Sarahcuda
    Options
    I HATE spending money. Especially on clothes when I am trying to lose weight. My BF took my to ****'s Sporting goods where I ended up spending $60 ::GASP:: on an Under Armor bra. It was a 38DD and is amazingly supportive. It has "modesty" panels that can be removed or inserted at will (I leave them in, because... well you know!) {The panels are a bit of a pain as every time I wash the thing, they get all bunched up and I have to pull them out and then put them back in}.

Even though I hate spending money on myself, I will say that was the best purchase I could have made for keeping myself supported at the gym... and preventing knocking myself out ;)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    The search function shall set you free... :flowerforyou:

This. There are so many of these posts that if you don't find what you are looking for, search and see what everyone else says
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've got pretty big hands...
    20090420230902_bighands_earthday_dc.jpg
  • PrairieHarpyKG
    Options
    AdditionElle sells wired sports bras that are decent. Like most of the other options on this thread, though, they AREN'T cheap, so you'd have to catch a sale.

Watching this thread with interest, because I'd love a cheaper solution to this problem than what I've got.
  • PrairieHarpyKG
    Options
    Hear hear. :(
  • TdaniT
    Options
    I just bought the best sports bra ever from Bare Essentials in Delaware! I will have to get the name of it when I get home. I am in a 32H and that sucker keeps me still even while running! And I can make it into a razerback bra as well!

Okay the bra I bought is called Panache Sport and I love it!
  • TdaniT
    Options
    And I paid $68 for mine. So worth the money! Overall I spent $181 for three bras at that store but let me tell you, I don't fidget in any of them and to me that is huge!!!