Naughty but Nice Snacks - Ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i like to freeze my greek or lowfat yogurt which makes it kind of like ice cream; just shake it in the container prior to freezing to premix. I think you said fridge but no freezer, so you could freeze overnight and put in the fridge and it will thaw enough to eat with a spoon by lunch or afternoon snack time. If it's really frozen, it will take longer to eat and so it feels more filling as well. be aware of the containers where the top is smaller than the bottom (Yoplait i think) as that will need to soften more in order to get the frozen yogurt.
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am a Luna bar girl, but after seeing about Quest bars and the calories are just as low, I will be checking them out at the Vitamin Shoppe! Thanks!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Air pop popcorn. 30 calories in a cup of it. I do put popcorn seasoning on it and spray a little spray butter to make it stick but it's so good. I bring it almost daily as then I get fiber, a little protein, and a whole morning/afternoon of snacking as I eat it slowly.

I also love cucumbers with hot sauce.

Pistachios - they are a little higher in calories but have good fat and will keep you going. plus, opening the shell keeps your hands busy and you can't eat them in seconds!
  • NatashaZoee
    NatashaZoee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have an apple almost everyday also, I eat mine with PB2 chocolate (try it! a lot less calories then regular PB.
    Luna bars are a good option, but they are a little high in sugar so be careful.
    Hummus with carrots or crackers.
    Special K chips
    Snapea Crisps (These are amazing!! They have different flavors.)
    Nutritional shake

What is PB2 chocolate?
    I want to avoid high sugar levels so thank you for letting me know.
    You have just reminded me of my LOVE for the Special K Crisps - Thai Sweet Chilli flavour is delicious so thank you so much!
    I'll look into Snapea Crisps as I am very curious as to what these are :smile:
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    For protein bars I recommend Quest bars, no junk, 20g of protein. Lunar bars are delicious but with 9g of protein I put it in the same category as granola bars - not so great, but better than a candy bar, lol.

If you have a fridge, Greek yogurt comes in a lot of flavors and is delicious.

Thank you so much. I'll look at Quest bars - they sound good! I've never really been into yoghurt but I need to learn to change my ways & not be afraid of new things :smile:
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    Mix plain greek yogurt with powdered ranch dressing mix and a little salsa, eat as a dip for carrots, raw broccoli, peppers, etc.

I've never met someone else who ate raw broccoli! Everyone I know looks at me like I am crazy when I do it but it is my favourite! :laugh:
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    VEGGIE CHIPS!!! So good to snack on !!!! The green beans are surprisingly sweet too!!!! Yum Yum Yum....:love:

These sound good! I do love anything vegetable. Are these home made or a particular brand etc.??
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    i like to freeze my greek or lowfat yogurt which makes it kind of like ice cream; just shake it in the container prior to freezing to premix. I think you said fridge but no freezer, so you could freeze overnight and put in the fridge and it will thaw enough to eat with a spoon by lunch or afternoon snack time. If it's really frozen, it will take longer to eat and so it feels more filling as well. be aware of the containers where the top is smaller than the bottom (Yoplait i think) as that will need to soften more in order to get the frozen yogurt.

Thank you! This will be good for the summer! Fingers crossed I can stick to this until then :laugh:
  • NatashaZoee
    Options
    Air pop popcorn. 30 calories in a cup of it. I do put popcorn seasoning on it and spray a little spray butter to make it stick but it's so good. I bring it almost daily as then I get fiber, a little protein, and a whole morning/afternoon of snacking as I eat it slowly.

Pistachios - they are a little higher in calories but have good fat and will keep you going. plus, opening the shell keeps your hands busy and you can't eat them in seconds!

I don't want to sounds dumb here - but what is air pop popcorn? I love popcorn so this would be fantastic for me but I have only ever seen the standard shop bought salted/sweet microwave popcorn?

The pistachio/hand busy/longer to eat is a great idea! Thanks a lot :happy:
  • CleanScience
    Options
    Do you like dried fruit? I didn't used to but I gave it a chance and, now I love it teamed with nuts.
    I often have about 6 almonds and one of those little 14g packets of raisins.
    About 100 calories, easy to stash in work, and it takes a while to eat, so you're getting good value for your 100 calories.

I have never tried it to be honest - I have always been put off by my dislike of regular fruit. I'll definitely give it a shot though.

I do quite like the idea of storing a few variety of nuts in my desk for when I fancy something different - I am just never sure of which ones are the best ones to have?
    The "Best" nuts to eat are Almonds. Peanuts are arguably the worst. Walnuts, pecans, pistachio, and macadamia are all ok. Cashews are not the best. If you have the time and money, I would make a blend of 50% almonds, 30% walnuts, and 20% your choice. I would keep peanuts less then 5%.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Nuts (Blue Diamond makes a variety of flavored almonds that are delicious), baked chips, apple slices are also good dipped in hummus, veggie sticks are good dipped in hummus or pb, a piece of whole grain toast, edamame, string cheese
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I have an apple almost everyday also, I eat mine with PB2 chocolate (try it! a lot less calories then regular PB.
    Luna bars are a good option, but they are a little high in sugar so be careful.
    Hummus with carrots or crackers.
    Special K chips
    Snapea Crisps (These are amazing!! They have different flavors.)
    Nutritional shake

What is PB2 chocolate?
    I want to avoid high sugar levels so thank you for letting me know.
    You have just reminded me of my LOVE for the Special K Crisps - Thai Sweet Chilli flavour is delicious so thank you so much!
    I'll look into Snapea Crisps as I am very curious as to what these are :smile:

PB2 Chocolate is a powdered peanut butter, you add water & its turn into creamy peanut butter. the fat & sugar in it is less then half of regular PB. Try it and you will thank me later!! :wink:
    BTW you can find it in the organic selection in the grocery store
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

I don't want to sounds dumb here - but what is air pop popcorn? I love popcorn so this would be fantastic for me but I have only ever seen the standard shop bought salted/sweet microwave popcorn?

The pistachio/hand busy/longer to eat is a great idea! Thanks a lot :happy:

Air popped popcorn - popped in an air popper machine. I eat this almost every day, yum!

A lot of the 100 calorie snack packs are pretty good - I'm in love with these yogurt covered pretzel ones.