Fiber One Flatulence

Options
This is probably old news here, but I went a-googling "Fiber One Farts" because it doesn't fail that my go to snack causes gas pains a few hours later. Apparently, this is a common phenomenon. Warning, slightly off color humor:

http://www.pleasegodno.com/archives/66-Fiber-One-Bars-make-me-Fart.html

I really love these bars and eat one almost every day, but I think I need to find something that won't cause such heinous gas. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've never had a Fiber One Bar, but one of my friends calls them "Farter One" :laugh: So, know that you are not alone!
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just can't eat them. They taste so good but make my stomach hurt so bad.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Why is this flatulence not told as a disclaimer in the TV commercials. :grumble: :grumble:

Well now we know why they show just one gal...eating one all.by.her.lonesome....in the privacy of her own kitchen :laugh: :laugh:
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Why is this flatulence not told as a disclaimer in the TV commercials. :grumble: :grumble:

Well now we know why they show just one gal...eating one all.by.her.lonesome....in the privacy of her own kitchen :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I just want this on my feed.

emWjxZq.gif
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It's all that chicory root apparently... Although I've had other things with chicory root that don't cause the intestinal discomfort/destruction that fiber one chocolate bars cause. Go figure.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This is probably old news here, but I went a-googling "Fiber One Farts" because it doesn't fail that my go to snack causes gas pains a few hours later. Apparently, this is a common phenomenon. Warning, slightly off color humor:

http://www.pleasegodno.com/archives/66-Fiber-One-Bars-make-me-Fart.html

I really love these bars and eat one almost every day, but I think I need to find something that won't cause such heinous gas. Any suggestions?

Inulin or chicory root.............these are the ingredients I have to avoid. OMG!......horrible.

"Original" Fiber One cereal and many Kashi cereals don't have these 2 ingredients ....but the bars from either brand are another story.
  • Darcy769
    Darcy769 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I loved the Fiber one bars, but it took me 3 months to figure out what was causing it. Oh the embarassment.

I was told to take regular fiber tablets. But specifically Citricel, NOT Citrical. Look at the active ingredients. Citricel's active ingredient is what you want.

It has been a relief to get it under control. The other item that causes the really toxic issues is chocolate. If I eat a chocolate bar, it takes about 6-7 days to get it out of my system.

For me: Citricel regular fiber tabs.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?

Eat less fiber

537.gif
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options

Inulin or chicory root.............these are the ingredients I have to avoid. OMG!......horrible.

"Original" Fiber One cereal and many Kashi cereals don't have these 2 ingredients ....but the bars from either brand are another story.

I can eat Fiber One cereal without a problem, but the bars...OMG. Right now I'm eating the cinnamon coffee cake ones and they satisfy my sweet tooth but even my cats avoid me when the side effects start.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yeah my family always pays the price when I eat these babies....lol hell i even gross myself out :sick: Will I ever learn??
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That's why I stopped eating them. Shame, they are soooo good :ohwell:
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!

I've heard that the cookie dough ones are really good, but they are really pricy. Worth it?
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    So THAT'S why...

Still gonna eat it though. I eat the Honey Clusters cereal, because I like it and it has good numbers. I guess it's a good thing I have an outdoor job.
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard that before, but that would make sense with what I've experienced after eating one. Sometimes I eat a pouch of fruit snacks (Welch's or Market Pantry from Target) instead of a protein bar. For some reason, the fruit snacks seem to make me feel full.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!

I've heard that the cookie dough ones are really good, but they are really pricy. Worth it?

494669.gif
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I quit eating them. They were ruining my social life. I get my extra fiber through psyllium tablets. Still a little farty but not room-clearing farty.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had to stop eating them too....the bloating and stomach pain in addition to the horrible gas was unbearable :cry:
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i've never had any problems with fiber one ;-; i eat their bars really often hmph