drinkin and losin

Options
i enjoy a good stiff drink after work (vodka 1-2 oz., maybe 3) I always mix w/ crystal lite. My question is if I stay at my calorie intake should not still loose weight?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I enjoy MANY A GOOD DRINK!
    I work double all week
    party all weekend
    and I lose lots!
    IT WORKS!
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    as long as it fits in your calorie allowance, why not
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think alcohol burns first, before anything else. So while you're taking in alcohol you won't be burning the fat. It is possible, but you probably won't be burning anything on a night out C:
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have lost and while I try to make better choices, i.e. red wine or liquor + fresh squeezed juice or sparkling water for a mixer, I also have sugary things like margaritas and I enjoy beer. You can definitely still drink and lose!
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above, your liver does metabolize alcohol while pretty much "halting" metabolism, because your body views alcohol as a poison and wants to get it out of the body ASAP.

That being said, I drink vodka presses and shots and "binge drink" a couple days a week usually. I have been consistently losing. Just try to eat healthily on those days :)
  • Cheesesteak400
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calorie goal, you'll be fine.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I drink several times per week, and sometimes (maybe often) to excess. No problems losing weight as long as I budget for the calories. :drinker:
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have to give up my beer when I am going hard core calorie counting and losing. I allow one night a month to get my drink on, but I know when i do drink, my activities the next day are down, not to mention the poor food choices i make the day of and the day after. Once i get to my spot I want to be, i shall bring my beers back into the mix. This worked for me last year, and so far its working for me again. I know I can maintain and still drink (cause i took about 7 or 8 months off from losing but kept at that weight and even lost a couple pounds).
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Motto: "Will walk for wine." :drinker: