Lacking weekend motivation

Options
Jacl01
Jacl01 Posts: 8 Member
I have only been using MFP regularly for a few weeks now. When I work out regularly and stick with my calorie goal I can lose around 2lbs a week, which I then RUIN once the weekend hits. It isn't like I am constantly going out or anything, I've just allowed things to get to me. One weekend we had friends come over and I indulged in a little too much alcohol. This past weekend I went out with a friend of mine and had a girl's night where I decided not to make the most healthy choices. After that one bad day (usually a Friday) I let myself to continue to have a bad weekend. This past weekend has turned into a bad Monday and Tuesday. I just don't have the motivation right now.

I guess I'm just putting this out there because I need some help with motivation. I need to just keep with it, especially since I see great results and feel great about myself when I am on track. It's just getting there, and staying there, that becomes a problem for me at times.

Replies

• TNM2014
    TNM2014 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    try focusing on the company/friends that you have around you and not the food/drinks. It helps to think to yourself "how in the heck am I going to get this off tomorrow" sometimes thinking of how far you have come and the hard work you have put in , is enough to ward off the behavior. Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • smithbeck2
    smithbeck2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I don't have any good advice otherwise I would be better at it, too. I am just going to try and be more prepared for the weekend. Look at the menu online before going out. Making sure I hit the gym a couple of times. Good luck!!
  • Jacl01
    Jacl01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) It's so easy to just get back into old habits. I'm lucky that I haven't gained the few pounds I have lost back but it's only a matter of time if I can't stick with it. I will definitely try to plan ahead better when going out, and try to enjoy the company of friends versus the food.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    a little booze will get you motivated
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is exactly my issue right now! I'm trying to work on it...I will keep reading to see if anyone who has been there has managed to change the patterns! ;)
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Try to do the best you can when you're out (obviously) but at the same time if you do slip up on that Friday, just say "oops", brush it off and hit reset Saturday morning. It sounds like you get discouraged maybe and that causes the snowball effect. Try not to let an off night get ya down. :)