Fiber One Flatulence

Options
2»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    It's all that chicory root apparently...

Yup. I can't have anything with chicory root. I can eat "normal" or naturally occurring fiber no problem just nothing with extra added fiber. Raisin bran, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta and bread, just fine. Kashi Go Lean is a big ****ing NO.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!

I've heard that the cookie dough ones are really good, but they are really pricy. Worth it?

494669.gif

Absolutely! I LOVE those things. I'm asking for multiple boxes for Christmas this year.
  • lbrown73
    lbrown73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat a Fiber One bar for breakfast, and I find that it keeps me full until my mid-morning snack of greek yogurt. But I have the same problems here as everyone else. What else can I eat for my breakfast that is similar to this?
  • Brujah1981
    Brujah1981 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I guess I've never really had this problem. I eat one a day as a snack when I get to work, though it tends to be the majority of the fiber I get in a day.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Girls don't fart. I'm confused.
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The fiber in those bars is notorious for causing stomach gas and bloating, but it's interesting that nothing is mentioned about that on the box, even in small print. I remember when the Lay's potato chips with the Olean came out, and there was a disclaimer on those babies saying that if you ate too much of them they could cause stomach issues.

About two years ago, when I used to buy Fiber One bars, my husband got in snack mode late, late one night when I was already in bed and he ate the last four of them left in the box. OMG, the next day he couldn't stay out of the bathroom. Cleaned him right out, and made his stomach hurt too. Of course I was all smug about it because he had ate all MY snack.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    About two years ago, when I used to buy Fiber One bars, my husband got in snack mode late, late one night when I was already in bed and he ate the last four of them left in the box. OMG, the next day he couldn't stay out of the bathroom. Cleaned him right out, and made his stomach hurt too. Of course I was all smug about it because he had ate all MY snack.

ROFLMAO!!!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, but it stopped after a day or two of eating them.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    FiberOneFartBarsNutritionLabelredarrow1.jpg
  • michellechawner
    Options
    makes sense to me, but I can't eat those bars anyways, pretty sure they have gluten in them.

Just like the doctors always tell you to increase your fiber slowly, this is why!
  • sasers
    sasers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't have any problems with them normally thank goodness. I eat the Lemon, Browning and Salted Pretzel I think it is. Maybe my body has gotten used to them, because I eat them every day for the past 2 months.
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    They probably lack the added fiber but I love the Nature Valley granola bars. They keep me full until my mid morning snack. And I avoid the pain and embarassment of clearing out my office.