More uses for hummus?

Options
2»

Replies

• lydwak
    lydwak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Until recently I've only ever used it for a dip/in a pitta/wrap/sandwich - but I had some that needed using up the other day so I cooked up some pasta, drained it (but kept about 1tbsp of the water) and then added the water to the hummus which forms a creamy sauce, and stirred it into the pasta with some sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes and chopped red pepper. Added a bit of black pepper and it was actually really good!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I also like it on Morningstar chickpea burgers, on a toasted Sandwich Skinny with thick slices of cucumber and a bit of red onion.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    put a dollop in a creamy soup like tomato, potato, broccoli or butternut squash
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have used hummus as a "sauce" on pizza crust or naan (to make pizzas). Sooo stinkin good!
  • mariabrumberg
    mariabrumberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hummus-Meat-Nachmani-TLV.jpg
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    OMG..I just recently discovered my liking for hummus...I have been having like 3 tbsp with like 8 baked chips for the past two days...I daresay I have discovered the love of my life...LOL...now you are telling me about spreading it on tortillas!! (my other love)...I am now fantasizing about all the possibilities...damn you all!!! :)
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have seen a recipe on pinterest where you take garlic hummus and coat steamed broccoli in it. Supposed to be a yummy creamy garlicly goodness lol
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I put roasted red pepper hummus, spinach, red onion, tomato, cucumber, and a few pieces of feta cheese on a sandwich thin with a few drops of balsamic vinegar (or balsamic vinaigrette) and take that for lunch sometimes. It's delicious!
  • janettebishop940
    Options
    Bump bump bump
  • betsybug516
    Options
    I spread it on a tortilla, then reduce the amount of shredded cheese I'd normally use, to make a quesadilla.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Geez, now I'm starving! :)

I found the roasted red pepper at Aldi. I've never had hummus before yesterday. I didn't know there were other amazing flavors! NOM! NOM!
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Pasta Sauce. You'll thank me later. I started making my own because I was going through so much of the store bought stuff. So much better with your own flavorings.