Exercising calories

Options
I have started this plan. Just wondering I didn't eat all my calories yesterday I had extra calories from exercise left. Can I use the calories I haven't used on a day I am more hungry but do less exercise on? Or should I just lose those cals and just stick to my calories for the day?

Plus I am trying to be low carb but feeling a bit sick is anyone feeling the same?

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Yes you can cycle your calories. If you have the MFP app it shows you your weekly goal. That's the one I try to pay more attention to than just daily ones.
  • CheekyV1981
    Options
    Cool, thank you :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You can but be careful with exercise calories. Most online calculators, MFP included, as well as gym machines tend to exaggerate calorie burn for most people so only eating back 50% is a safer bet especially if you aren't hungry for them at the time.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    You can but be careful with exercise calories. Most online calculators, MFP included, as well as gym machines tend to exaggerate calorie burn for most people so only eating back 50% is a safer bet especially if you aren't hungry for them at the time.
    +1
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options

This may be the most important info for you to remember.
  • CheekyV1981
    Options
    Well I go to Curves and they measure the amount of calories you lose in the half hour and it's usually about right of what they have on here.
  • CheekyV1981
    Options
    I am trying not to eat them and I thought I might go over my calorie intake by 2 calories through eating a brownie today but I am on track :-)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Well I go to Curves and they measure the amount of calories you lose in the half hour and it's usually about right of what they have on here.

I wouldn't trust Curves to be giving you correct information. They aren't going to sell you on their plan by under estimating your calorie burn!
  • CheekyV1981
    Options
    Yeah but your calorie burn changes per session, when I first started and not use to exercise I was using 499 cals but now that I am fitter and use to exercising again my calorie burn has gone down, I need to get machines re-calibrated when I am in tomorrow. My mum has lost 4 stone using them anyway at least I am getting fit again :-)
  • PMcLinn
    PMcLinn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    where in the app does it show weekly calories? I can only find daily...never mind, I found it:laugh: