Completely blew my calorie goal today

Options
Daughter home sick from school BEGS for Papa Johns pizza. I caved.... 3 slices caved. I was already in a weight loss slump (lost 32 [pounds in 4 months last year and not a bit since).

This is ridiculous!!!

Replies

• Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    Just start fresh tomorrow, everything will be fine! Go ahead and forgive yourself that's the best thing you can do!
  • toberlili
    Options
    tomorrows a new day, i know the feeling. let me know if you need anything. questions about weight loss or just need someone to listen :)
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! I've had 3 friend post newsfeeds about over doing it today.. Thursday must be the new Friday.. lol ;) No worries hun.. You're human..... and tomorrow... Well, tomorrow is another day. love and light. xo
  • Want2bHealthE
    Want2bHealthE Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats on keeping the weight you've lost off! You will reach your goal - next time you crave 3 slices of pizza tell yourself you have to earn them with at least a half hour of cardio :) We do pizza every Monday night and even if I don't make it to the gym, I can usually fit 2 slices into my calories if I plan the rest of my meals accordingly. I feel like if I deprived myself completely of all the foods my husband eats, I wouldn't be happy or be able to maintain that as a realistic lifestyle. So, don't feel bad about sharing the same foods as your kids... show them the meaning of moderation and meal planning. Good luck!
  • PootysMom
    Options
    The full moon is arising!
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Blowing it once in a while is totally fine! Just move forward and start tomorrow renewed :)
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That happens! Not what we want then we feel guilty. Like others tomorrow is a new day. My first thought was just 3 slices. LOL.

After I passed the CPA exam last month I celebrated with a Papa John's pizza only I ate the whole thing and it was a large.
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    From now on when you get pizza you should go to papa Murphy's and get the vegetable pizza. It still has a lot of calories. But it has a LOT less calories. Just ask them for a nutrition sheet and fit it into your calorie goal accordingly.
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    For what it is worth - in my time zone it is Friday, and two things:
    1) You make it through Thursday
    2) Friday is a MUCH better day!

You can do this!

From the future!
    ^_^
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Remember, you can't go back in time and change that you did it. One day isn't going to make a difference if you just get right back on track tomorrow. You can do it!! :) And congrats on your success thus far!
  • sarahek
    Options
    Last week (okay about 4 days into my healthy eating here on MFP) I completely blew my calorie goal of 1,200 and had almost 3,000 calories in one day, from overeating fish and chips and an insane amount of maltesers after a bad break up. But i decided to do something different. Normally a day like that would end up with me eating terribly for days, weeks or months, but i decided that it was just ONE time. We all make mistakes, and granted, it will happen again, but i'm going to start off the next meal and get straight back into my good eating habbits. One day here and there of going over your calorie goal will not harm your weight loss, its when you let that one meal become a week-long or month-long overeating fiesta.
    So dont dwell on it, I hope you enjoyed the meal! Move on and just start right back up again :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I agree with others - tomorrow is another day , HOWEVER, it's time to teach your daughter healthy eating habits too. I know you don't want her to end up like US! Find recipes for a honey whole wheat thin crust pizza. Use fresh ingredients and let everyone chose their own toppings. All you need is a pizza stone for your oven. It's fun! It's a party!
  • rla380
    rla380 Posts: 2
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day !:happy:
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    ............. It's fun! It's a party!

Leave it to my sweet friend, Laurie, to plan a pizza party and making it fun :happy:
    She's right, though. And, the 2 key words you need to learn are: FORGIVE YOURSELF! (not: ANOTHER PIECE!) But enjoy what you had and move on. I agree...it will not kill you, but it sure as heck will make you think again before ordering the Papa again!
    Life is too damn short and you should never deprive yourself. We'll check on you tomorrow....a fresh new start for you! :drinker:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm waiting to hear how those 3 slices of pizza jump started your weight loss. :smile:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Be strong! Tomorrow is a new day! :)