"Binged"?

Options
So I haven't eaten Ice cream in a few weeks and it's one of my favourite foods but tonight I had so much! Probably over 1 cup. My calorie intake was around 1300 today and I burned around 400 .. Will I gain weight since ice cream has so much fat and sugar? D:

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You're freaking out over a cup of ice cream? That's not a binge. If you ate three quarts of ice cream, THAT would be a binge. You're fine. You won't gain weight from that. Over-consumption of fat won't make you gain fat.

Grrr! Now I'm craving ice cream! I can't have ice cream unless it's low carb though. So I either have to make my own or I have to just deal.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No, honey, you will not.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    So I haven't eaten Ice cream in a few weeks and it's one of my favourite foods but tonight I had so much! Probably over 1 cup. My calorie intake was around 1300 today and I burned around 400 .. Will I gain weight since ice cream has so much fat and sugar? D:

hum....no

if anything it might have done you good.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine any scenario where you would gain actual weight from netting 900 calories.

I also can't imagine any scenario where netting 900 calories is a sustainable good idea (regardless of whether or not it includes any amount of ice cream). I think your approach to this needs a thorough reevaluation.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I ate 700 calories worth of ice cream recently. It was nice and I still lost that week! :)

You'll be fine just log it truthfully and fit it into your weekly allowance. Good luck.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine any scenario where you would gain actual weight from netting 900 calories.

I also can't imagine any scenario where netting 900 calories is a sustainable good idea (regardless of whether or not it includes any amount of ice cream). I think your approach to this needs a thorough reevaluation.

QFT. Have another cup.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Naaah, there are no sugar ice creams, like what diabetics eat. I have one called whey-hey,its full of protein and tasty to boot! So maybe you could buy something similar and then you can have one a week and not have to be sad! :'D
  • michellechawner
    Options
    troll?

Wow, just eat OP. seriously. Get over yourself. I ate about 2100 calories the other day and I didn't log it, but then again I didn't freak out and just said hey, I worked hard this week and I was a bit over, so be it.

Eat more to lose more. Starve yourself and you'll probably gain. One cup of ice cream is nothing - i ate about 3 cups the other day I was talking about above. No biggie.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

QFT
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You're freaking out over a cup of ice cream? That's not a binge. If you ate three quarts of ice cream, THAT would be a binge. You're fine. You won't gain weight from that. Over-consumption of fat won't make you gain fat.

Nods head.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    also, your goal weight is 105? and you're freaking out at a cup of ice cream and you weigh 135, which is totally in the healthy range?

:huh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

QFT. Have another cup.

QFT!
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well, in comparison to the "1/3 cup of carrots and 7 almonds" usually eaten for lunch, I would say 1 cup of ice cream is probably quite a shock! I definitely think it's time to reevaluate why you are trying to lose weight, honey...
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    also, your goal weight is 105? and you're freaking out at a cup of ice cream and you weigh 135, which is totally in the healthy range?

:huh:

:drinker:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmm no!!!!!!! You gotta be kidding!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

Truth.

Well, at least "Binged" is in quotes, makes sense that way.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Sometimes it is hard to let go and we can worry about foods that we eat.

If you like ice cream then there is no reason why you should not have it...we all like to carry on eating things we enjoy.

Try not to become to obsessed with food, try to see your diary as your friend. Food is not your enemy. Eat and enjoy.

Keep within your goals and you will be where you want to be, there will be days when you indulge more than you should x
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm a few pounds under your current weight. I just ate more than your daily net for lunch -- a whole pizza and a delicious salad. Depending on whether I add accessory lifts to my workout today, I might have my usual cup and a half or so of frozen yogurt tonight after dinner. I am gaining weight -- a little under a quarter pound a week, just as I set out to do with my 80-calorie daily surplus. I think you're going to be ok.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    This is a great post to read, so you can fit in your treats, and still get in all your nutrient needs. I'd be worried that you're not meeting your nutrient needs eating 900 calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Obvious pro-ED account is obvious