Shakes

Options
I've currently have Boost: Glucose Control in my fridge but it is going to run out soon. My question is what kinds of shakes are you all using and/or what recommendations would you make?

I am diabetic so that is why I have gone with the Glucose Control. It isn't something that I have everyday, just here and there. I've looked at like Shakeology but my budget just can't take that right now.

Suggestions? Comments?

Replies

• jesseroyal
    jesseroyal Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink ensure a lot for breakfast. It is not meant for weight loss (the bottle actually says to gain/maintain weight) But, they taste pretty good, and are pretty healthy. A bottle has 250 calories (i try to keep a meal at about 300) and are filling.
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Slimfast... I heard of diabetics drinking it, but I would ask a doc first... I drink a shake for breakfast and then have a 100-200 cal snack, then have a shake for lunch and then in the mid afternoon have a 100-200 cal snack and then a 500-700 cal dinner and than maybe another snack... I have been trying to consume 1400 cals
  • rstring
    rstring Posts: 35
    Options
    My sister was a 4 shot a day insulin taker, she started drinking Qivana shakes and is now down to 2 shots a day with the dose decreased. She definitely doesn't want to lose weight but with Qivana shakes, which are all natural, there are other health benefits. I currently use the shakes for weight loss and they are working!