Shakes

Options
Anyone know any shakes that are already made (or powder) that would be good for the morning ?? I see beachbody, but those are pretty expensive..I am on a budget so I am looking for something cheaper.. Any ideas ?

Replies

• Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'm looking for a good protein shake so any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately anything that is actually worth putting in your body that is pre-made is often expensive. I take Shakeology and I love it. You get what you pay for. You might want to consider becoming a beachbody coach and you could get a discount on the product and possibly earn extra income too. Don't settle for lesser ingredients, your body will thank you!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I also use Shakeology. I have it as a meal replacement, and dividing the cost up by the numbers of meals from the bag, the meal comes out to roughly $4 which is less than going out somewhere and getting something bad for you. If you know someone who is a coach they might be able to send you a sample of it before you buy it so you can see if you like it. I get the chocolate flavor and mix with almond milk and it tastes like a chocolate milkshake.

I don't really like the taste of 98% of the protein powders sold in stores. I like protein powders from Max Muscle (they have stores all over the place and a website if you google it) because they taste good and are low in sugar. I have tried many protein powders sold in places like Wal Mart and they seriously taste like chalk. But Max Muscle has tons of different flavors that are great. I am currently using a chocolate peanut butter kind that's awesome.
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other post, most protein powders are gross. One of the best ones I've found is GNC amplified wheybolic extreme 60. The chocolate tastes best but I also like the strawberry to mix in with my Shakeology with a little PB2 on days I need an extra protein boost. It is a little expensive but if you get into GNC when they are having their gold card deals you can often get it at a reasonable price. I usually bulk up at those times because I don't like buying it at normal price.

If you want a sample of Shakeology I have a few packets lying around the house. I am a coach so I'd be happy to hook you up with information you need. You can add me as a friend and send me your address if you would like me to send you a sample. If you end up liking it and wanting to use it regularly I recommend becoming a coach. I read statistics that 85% of coaches become one for the discount (I am included in that. I'd be happy to help you or anyone out here reading this that is interested in becoming one take the first steps). There are a ton of recipes online for things to mix with it. I know the chocolate seems to be the most favorite but I am a greenberry fan myself. I love mixing it with some kind of juice or fresh fruit for a really fruity, refreshing shake!
  • rstring
    rstring Posts: 35
    Options
    I swear by Qivana!
  • Dickerchen
    Options
    Another alternative which works a treat are Herbalife products. They are even less expensive with an average cost of not even $3. I am using it, and it works great. Best off all if you use it in conjunction with Herbalife's range of Vitamin supplements, and N-R-G you feel so much better (well, I do)!

Try to find a Herbalife distributor for free samples, or contact me, I can get them for you too

Cheers

P.S: Berry is my favorite shake! :)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    i am a fan of Gnc Pro Performance - Whey Isolate 28 Vanilla Protein. it also comes in chocolate, cookie&cream, strawberry and :sick: orangecicle. comes out to $1.45 a serving, mix with water or milk and you are good to go.

Just my view, which is worth all you paid for it. :wink:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    It's not a protein shake but I have a Clif Bar and a Boost drink (one in the AM, one in the PM) most days because it gets me over on my daily calcium and has a lot of iron.
  • kiuney
    kiuney Posts: 68
    Options
    I purchase the premade Muscle Milk Light shakes from Costco and they are pretty good.