this is me;i hate my body

Options
Hi everyone!! Iv been on and off with this. but this wesite is very helpful. i was just wondering what everyones motivati0onn was for losing those pounds. i cant seem to find mine.
Thanks!!! Shannon:bigsmile:

Replies

• missjaeda
    Options
    My motivation is my health. Well, it was my initial motivation. Then my parents booked a family trip to Hawaii. I'm 18. I should be able to wear a two piece with confidence, not a wear a one piece with sarong, and still feel uncomfortable. Now that I go to the gym everyday, my motivation to stay on the treadmill is the next chapter in my ipods audio books. And the cute boys. It's fun to run while looking at cute boys. All in all, at the end of every day, I'm pretty glad that I can run, and eat healthy, and make good choices towards my health that I never made before.
  • skinnycow17
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    my health mainly. I have high cholesterol due to genetics and a fatty liver due to the high cholesterol and having babies lol. Also a big motivator is my girls. They are both eating solid foods now, and I feel much better as a mother when I'm putting good meals in front of them instead of junk. Now that I've lost about 25 pounds I feel really good looking in the mirror and my hubby is definitely enjoying it as well. :)
  • lordofultima
    Options
    My motivation is a long and healthy life, and the ability to share knowledge with others so they can reach their goals.
  • kahroleena22
    kahroleena22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    my motivation are my skinny pictures. also my very expensive jeans that i bought when i was super fit and that i now can't fit in. i know i know superficial...but GRRRREAT motivation! lol
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my health, especially cause my mum is a Type 2 diabetic.
    I'm also a non-shorts wearer, which I want to change this summer.
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!

I'm right there with ya! I'm starting up again too!

My motivation is me. I deserve to be happy. I deserve to look in the mirror and not feel disgusted! I deserve to have the best body I can. I have to remeber that nothing tastes as good as thin feels and that this is my time. My motivation is a better me.
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    my motivation is to be able to go into stores and buy clothes that fit well, and not have trouble finding cute clothes.

also, i am motivated to not feel like the biggest female in the room...

or just knowing that my body is working how it should be
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Hi,

My motivation is that I don't want to miss out. I want to be fit enough to do all the fun stuff. I have to admit though whats really focusing my mind at the moment is my best friend getting married next year. I don't want to be the chubby bridesmaid.

Good luck
    x
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same with the last 2 people that commented, being able to fit in nicer clothes and knowing i look good instead of having a low self esteem, and Im tired of holding myself back form all the fun (outdoor activities) etc :)
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    my motivation is my health & feeling better about myself.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My main motivation is to be health and to be able to keep up with my husband on hikes.

What finally pushed me to start again, was that I was out growing my "fat" jeans. I went to the store to buy new jeans, looked at myself in the mirror and decide to do something about the weight. I walked out without the jeans.
    My first goal is to fit comfortably in my jeans by Thanksgiving. Than hopefully to fit uncomfortably in the next size down, (New Years goal.)

One small step at a time, I didn't gain it fast so I can't expect to lose it fast.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yes...I agree with all the comments about beautiful clothes!! :laugh:

I wish I could sound better and state health as my reason, that's very sensible - but it's TOTALLY vanity for me!!!

I work for a clothing brand and before I started MFP, I couldn't fit into all the samples, which was an issue as when I first started for the company I used to model the clothes (just for internal presentations etc...haha, I'm no model!) but gradually they got tighter and tighter and I used to cringe when they asked me to try something on in front of a room full of people and you could see it straining.... :sad: Now they're a bit big! That's GREAT motivation for me!

Also, let's be honest, partner/family/friends, telling you you're looking stunning...always nice to hear!!! :happy:
  • Ubiguchi
    Options
    Darn the honesty, but vanity is absolutely part of it, although it's really nice to feel good in your body and I find the more weight I lose the more confident I feel.
  • flossicle
    Options
    I was the fat bridesmaid..as ya can see from my picture n as much as i loved the day i was very concious of being bigger..so after the wedding of 1 of my best friends, i got my mind set that i would never want to feel that awkward again, and i want to look in a mirror and like what i see instead of loating it and being disguusted by what is me..so here we go...and this time it's for good!