i'm new and need some friends

Options
Hi I'm new to myfitnesspal, and I don't have any friends yet other than my daughter. I have a lot of weight to lose and would love some encouragement. My daughter is getting married next June, and I would love to lose a lot before then. My downfalls are in the evening when I tend to snack a lot. Even though I try to be good, my husband will still buy a bunch of junk food. :(

please help me :(

Replies

• anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You have plenty of time to lose quite a lot of weight between now and June - amazing the difference 7 months can make! You're in the right place to monitor your calorie intake and exercise calories - be aware that MFP overestimates the number of calories burned for each exercise though so it's worth checking with another app for those :D

Feel free to add me

Lynn
  • kjensen80
    Options
    Hi Teresa, I am also new, and kinda frustrated, because I know this is hard to do. I am dong this because I have gain 60 lbs, since I got married, 15 years ago, and just feel like I could feel better about myself. I live in Utah, and have an 11 year old daughter. I would love to be your friend!
  • angeleyes6480
    Options
    I just cleaned out my friends list so I'm in need of more friends also. I'll send you a request. I have already lost 30 lbs but have about another 70 to go. We can do this together!!! :)i
  • Islandready1968
    Islandready1968 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband and your husband both! That's why we can support one another here!
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am also a professional woman whose downfall is evening snacking! I have been on this journey for 2.5 years, down over 50 pounds, and now an exercise junkie. A major transformation, but it did not come overnight! I held steady for 8
    -9months before joining mfp earlier this year, and have started seeing progress again. still have 20 to 30 pounss to go. Congratulations on deciding to make a change!
  • BetinaBee
    Options
    looking for more friends too. Please add me :)
  • ShawnB541
    Options
    Hi there, I am in week two of using MFP and am 52 and in a health state that requires me to start to do some good things. I got the referral for the app from my doctor who said it was fun and relatively easy to use. There are a few things I am discovering already and the first is that with exercise (for me) it is not that difficult to meet your daily goals. I don't really find it that hard to avoid snacks at night so far so I am eating only three meals a day. My wife is skeptical that this will work, as she is heavy and has her head in the sand about the cost to her health because of it. Anyway in just a few weeks of a new more active workplace I am down one size in pants and people are complimenting me on looking better already. Those two things are huge motivators! I have a long ways to go, but I am pretty confident that it is going to happen. Read this over and if you want to reply great, if not that is ok too. Honestly I am not really talking about this app to many people other than my wife, so this is a nice resource for me if you want to discuss it with me. Thanx for your time and have a good time.
  • qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a 49 year old wife and mother from St Paul MN. Losing weight is hard. MFP makes it easier. I would be happy to offer my support. Sending a friend request. My profile is open.
  • MsMollyKing
    MsMollyKing Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for some extra motivation. Maybe we can keep each other afloat :)
  • TonyaPietrzak
    TonyaPietrzak Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can totally add me :) I also need to lose a lot of weight like 90 lbs BUT 40lbs would be awesome by the end of January which is my birthday!
  • stephijim
    Options
    I'll send you an add! Always welcoming new friends! Every little bit of support helps :) You can do this!!!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Gilda, and I'm an evening eater and have been successful in losing weight. I plan my meals everyday and make sure that I leave enough calories to snack at night.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck to you, make a plan, stick to it and execute!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi New Peeps. I'm open to sharing support with new friends. I've been here since August 2011, and January 2014 will be 2 years that I've had my weight off (granted it was not a huge amount (25-27 lbs.), but it's more than what I originally set out to lose and for me it was an achievement). Why am I still here? Because this system is what finally worked for me. I need to stay here and continue to hold myself accountable. I'm more than willing to share support with you; as just because I'm on maintenance doesn't mean that I still don't struggle with food and my husband also likes to bring the temptations into the house. Add me if you wish. Regardless - all the best to all of you. :flowerforyou:
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    yay this is my mom! i am so glad to see you on here i love you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! you can do it!!!!!!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.... always looking for support in this journey.
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I sent you a friend request; I am always looking for more people to support and to support me in return.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be friends! I just sent you a request :]
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've been here for awhile and I'm not going away. Feel free to add me. I'm down 99 pounds and have been completely committed to a healthy lifestyle since June 24, 2011 (although I did not actually join MyFitnessPal until either late last year or early this year). - Either way - I'm here to stay. :smile:

Good luck, everyone. Remember you got this and you CAN do it :wink:
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)