Looking for established members

Options
Hi everyone. I'm Carmen, mom of two. This is my second time joining MFP, the first being earlier this year. I had a bit of success then but got discouraged once most of my friends dropped out. I started out with like 50 friends and ended up with a small handful that only occasionally log in. In my mind, looking at my friends list it made me think of my chances of making this successful was very small. I mean if less than 20% of my friends stuck around longer than two months, I have an greater than 80% probability of failing. Anyway, it just became depressing logging in and eventually I let my own life's distractions pull me off the bandwagon. So while I welcome new member friend invites, I am hoping to bulk up my friends list with members who are well-established and who have made a success of this lifestyle. I don't need a lot of encouragement or comments, I just enjoy accountability and comparing food journals for ideas. So if you sound up for it, please shoot me a friend invite. Thanks!!

Replies

• quamsi
    quamsi Posts: 13
    Options
    bump :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I've made a bad habit of bouncing in and out of MFP for months at a time recently. My suggestion would be, as your build up your friends list, become active on the forums. Not only will you be able to reach out to others who would make good friends, it's also a good way to keep yourself involved while you are building up a good friend's list.

There's no need to feel lonely in this endeavour. The boards are here. Feel free to use them.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I've made a bad habit of bouncing in and out of MFP for months at a time recently. My suggestion would be, as your build up your friends list, become active on the forums. Not only will you be able to reach out to others who would make good friends, it's also a good way to keep yourself involved while you are building up a good friend's list.

There's no need to feel lonely in this endeavour. The boards are here. Feel free to use them.

This is a good suggestion - show a bit of your personality and interests on the forums, get to know people first, and actively seek people who are good fits. You'll build a much more solid, dependable friend list.
  • karylee46
    karylee46 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.. i have been around for nearly two years.. although my profile wont reflect that.. i did drop out for a bit and needed a fresh start.
  • shan_0517
    shan_0517 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is my second time too, but because I had a 2 week hospital stay that took me out of any sort of exercise routine. I'm back in full force since August and 24 lbs down. Feel free to add me, my diary is open. I'm 45 years old and live in Oregon. New friends always welcome.
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    Hi Carmen,

Welcome back :)
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    "Friends" are easy come, easy go. Friends are not.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    "Friends" are easy come, easy go. Friends are not.

Truth.
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • quamsi
    quamsi Posts: 13
    Options

Excellent advice. Thanks
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I log everyday!
  • morethanjustamomto4
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been on mfp almost four months. I am soooo close to logging 100 days in a row! I'm amazed I've stayed with this. :-) I am a mom to four and busy, busy, busy. But I have to do this. I am determind to learn to be healthier. Its hard and I have bad days. But I've lost just over half of what I want to. I plan on staying on MFP even after my weight loss is done. I have to stay accountable so I don't gain it back. Good luck to you!
  • mummyjoynz
    mummyjoynz Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I log everyday - am up to day 60 something now!
  • candicelh79
    candicelh79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm up to 55 days! I log everything everyday.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    hiya! after my surgery i am finaly allowed to excersise, and i am doooin that, so you can add me, if u want some butt kickin =)
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I've been consistent for a year on MFP.
    I love adding other buddies who workout/log daily and interact with their peeps. :wink:

21525558.png
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i log and lurk daily.
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I long on daily and have been on this site and have really reaped the benefits. I exercise an average 4-5 days a week and find the support on MFP very helpful for me.