I'm so hungry!

Options
I am on a 1200 calorie diet and I eat 1500 on days I swim. It's only 5pm at night and I have eaten a bowl of Special K, a banana, a hard boiled egg, almonds, a chewy bar, yogurt, carrots, grapes, a pack of tuna, and a slice of wheat bread and I am starving already. What's up with this? I'm really doin good on losin weight

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me that you're hungry because you're hungry. How often do you swim and do you eat your exercise cals back? Your list of food today is very paltry. I would be starving, even if I'd done nothing but laze about in bed all day.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    That list sounds more like a list of snacks not a sustainable meal.... no wonder your hungry....
  • jampro70
    Options
    You are not eating enough... Also you need to add more dense food that will keep you satisfied... Spread your food out every 2 hours... add fruit vegetables.. protein shakes bars lean meats. etc..
  • jkfriday
    Options
    You're doing well on losing weight because you aren't eating any food. What you've listed there is not even breakfast! Eat more food, and make sure it's fatty and proteiny.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Swimming burns a lot of calories, 1500 likely isn't enough for you. Look up what your BMR and TDEE are supposed to be and adjust your caloric intake accordingly.

To give you an idea of what I mean; I eat 1400-1500 calories during inactive/recovery days and generally 1800+ on days that I work out because my net intake stays below my goals. I'm steadily losing weight while still giving my body the nutrients it needs to thrive.
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need more protein... try setting your goals up for 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fats. this should keep you fuller longer. also dont thing of cheese as a dairy, think of it as a meat bc of the amount of protein it has, try a low fat/fat free mozzerella, also low fat PLAIN yogurt can count as a meat too. dont just eat 3 meals, schedule a snack after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner. So what you might eat could look something like this:

BREAKFAST- 84 calories- 2 egg whites from large eggs and 1 slice of Natures Own whole wheat bread. (cook using pam)
    SNACK1- 60 calories- low fat mozzerella string cheese
    LUNCH- 224 calories- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, 1/8 cup almond slices, 1/8 cup craisins, 1/4 cup diced tomato, 1/4 cup peas, 3 oz grilled chicken, 1/8 cup fat free shredded moz. cheese, and Maple Grove Farms of Vermont - Strawberry Balsamic All Natural Dressing, 2 Tbsp (my all time fav.)
    SNACK2-105 calories- medium banana
    DINNER- 588 calories- 6oz lean top sirloin grilled, med baked sweet potato, corn on the cob (no added butter)
    SNACK3- 120 calories- 1 cup seedless grapes

all together this would give you:
    calories- 1206
    carbs- 132
    protein- 108
    fats- 28
    you can always add more grilled chicken to your lunch if you are still hungry. I hope this helped, you can try playing with it. I personally do something similar to this almost every day, but with 1000 calories. If you add more protein or sources of protein throughout your day, you wont feel as hungry. Good Luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've been losing on 1600 calories a day. You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight.

Use http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • pleekwilliams
    Options
    Me TOO! I work out JUST so I can eat my calories back but then I still go over somedays. I went 380 over yesterday and I didn't eat any candy. I eat pretty clean. Vegetarian. but I'm just wondering if I am counting my calories (intake and export) right? How do you know how much you really burn???