Bad Habits Broken

Options
clahut
clahut Posts: 211 Member
Hey everyone,

This isn't really a 'weight loss' success story, but I'm sure my weight will benefit in the long run from breaking some bad habits I used to have.

Bad habits I had before starting MFP in June this year that I have now broken:
1. Daily coffee from Starbucks (Caramel Macchiato - so loaded with sugars!) - replaced with black tea
2. Packet of crisps/pretzels or similar with lunch - now occasional treat and I look at the calories and fat before I buy them
3. Takeaway once a week - now once a month
4. Huge croissant for breakfast every day - now porridge
5. Bar of chocolate around 3pm every work day - now apple or banana. Chocolate is now a treat once every few weeks.

If you had asked me 6 months ago if I could have done this, I'd have laughed. But through planning, willpower and changing my route to work so that I don't pass Starbucks, I've managed them all. In fact, I have been so pleased that I am now trying to give up more bad habits - like a can of diet coke with lunch every day and toast before bedtime.

Trust me, if I can break these habit cycles - anyone can.

C

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I would say those are successes! Good luck with the diet soda habit. Keep up the good work!
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Those are great successes, and yes, they will lead to weight loss and a healthier you!
  • qtee_za
    Options
    That sounds just like me, Pret mocha every morning with a bacon & egg croissant or BLT.
    Take away once every week or two weeks
    There are so many things I ate and only now realise OMG thats alot of calories.
    I have given them up too, so I know its a difficult thing to do.
    WELL DONE
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Really well done - this what it is all about - getting your habits right for the long term.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!