My progress With a cut and bulk and pics and a deployment

Options
I have been on MFP for a couple of years now. While I am not as active as I used to be (been deployed for 10 months) I have been using it again to post my daily calories and it has me back on track. The pictures below are a cut, then a bulk, and just started a cut again. I would love feedback and honest critiques. Best of luck with your journey.

Pic 1 is 260lbs
Pic 2 is 173 lbs
Pic 3 is 210 lbs (yesterday, been bulking for 10 months and just started a cut)

nateunfit-1_zpscf9f6cfa.jpg[/URL]

IMAG0255_zpsb7c75229.jpg[/URL]

fav_zps8ee6a2ba.jpg[/URL]

Replies

• liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    *jaw drops*

amazing job!! that is a lot of hard work :) you look great
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And thank you for your service :flowerforyou:
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    You are going to look badass by the time you finish your cut. Peeps are going to be envious of those lats when you are done.
  • natekorpusik
    Options
    selfish bump. lol
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Congrats!!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Your bulk caused a red sox tattoo to appear on your right bicep. What an unusual side-effect. Well done!
  • natekorpusik
    Options
    Your bulk caused a red sox tattoo to appear on your right bicep. What an unusual side-effect. Well done!

It is a rare side affect of weight lifting. Caused by only the most die hard of fans. Lol.
  • Supahvixen
    Supahvixen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Really amazing. thank you for your service.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You look great. Ps no need to wax the chest hair, it looks great :drinker:
  • starrycarina
    Options
    You look great! So inspiring!
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an awesome job! And thank you for your service :flowerforyou:
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Wish I had that much discipline. Thanks for your service.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    The pictures below are a cut, then a bulk, and just started a cut again. I would love feedback and honest critiques.

Honest? Okay, those guns would knock anyone out :P

Also, awesome job! Can't wait to see what you do next :)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Looking right sir.

Impressive.

Thank you for your service.
  • natekorpusik
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am pleased with results so far, but it is never enough. I have my first competition in 3 months. Need to get ready. :)
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Dont hate.....I have to ask the obvious...what does cut and bulk mean?! lol.

And I am far from understanding weight lifting and such and needs for it etc...but my non-fitness female opinion is that I like the second pic and with the chest hair :) I think you look perfect there. But, it's probably not about looks vs feel, and competition :)
  • natekorpusik
    Options
    Dont hate.....I have to ask the obvious...what does cut and bulk mean?! lol.

And I am far from understanding weight lifting and such and needs for it etc...but my non-fitness female opinion is that I like the second pic and with the chest hair :) I think you look perfect there. But, it's probably not about looks vs feel, and competition :)

I love answering questions. A bulk is when you are adding weight with the idea of putting on strength and muscle. When you "cut" you drop body fat percentage so that you can then see the muscle that as underneath the added body fat. There are advantages to different body styles. In my second photo I was a great runner due to the fact that I was only 173 pounds. At my current weight I can no longer maintain a run the same way, but I can lift and pull a LOT more, which is what I need for competition.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options

I love answering questions. A bulk is when you are adding weight with the idea of putting on strength and muscle. When you "cut" you drop body fat percentage so that you can then see the muscle that as underneath the added body fat. There are advantages to different body styles. In my second photo I was a great runner due to the fact that I was only 173 pounds. At my current weight I can no longer maintain a run the same way, but I can lift and pull a LOT more, which is what I need for competition.

Awesome answer for me. Thank you! Now I understand, lol.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    What I think is funny is the people that have the discipline to workout hard and you can see there is a lot of muscle under there, but they either do not do, or do not know that to get the optimum results, they need to do the cut, or they are not willing to take the slight muscle loss that I am sure occurs during the cut process.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!