Is this drug REALLY a sensation in America?

Options
I've never heard anyone mention Vita-Lean on here.:ohwell:

"A FAT-busting pill that can allegedly help women drop a dress size in just three weeks has been launched in the UK.
The £1-a-day drug has already become a sensation in America – the obesity capital of the world – and is expected to be available here within months.
It tricks the body’s metabolism into staying active while speeding up its ability to break down the bad saturated fat stored in the body."

Link here: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/141351/Weight-loss-pill-to-lose-fat-costs-1

Replies

• amccabe110
    amccabe110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

"A FAT-busting pill that can allegedly help women drop a dress size in just three weeks has been launched in the UK.
    The £1-a-day drug has already become a sensation in America – the obesity capital of the world – and is expected to be available here within months.
    It tricks the body’s metabolism into staying active while speeding up its ability to break down the bad saturated fat stored in the body."

Link here: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/141351/Weight-loss-pill-to-lose-fat-costs-1

I've never heard of it....and I've lived in America my whole life!! :laugh: I think you're better off with some exercise & a healthy diet....best of luck!
  • Maggie1960
    Options

I've never heard of it....and I've lived in America my whole life!! :laugh: I think you're better off with some exercise & a healthy diet....best of luck!
    I've no intention of paying £28 a month to lose weight ( IF it works, which I doubt) when I can do it for free all by myself and with the support of MFP:bigsmile:
  • LegacyTuna
    Options
    Their website doesn't reference their studies. I wouldn't trust it. It's not regulated by the FDA since it's a supplement.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'd never take diet pills. I don't need help losing weight and I am not THAT impatient! Taking diet pills are bad. I know a friend who did and her doctor told her stop because she could have a heart attack from when he checked her.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it so I did a search on it and almost all of the websites are in the UK. If they are lying about its popularity in the US what else are they lying about?
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    the only such thing i know of is a supplement for show pigs!:laugh:

http://www.pntlabs.com/Products-Subpages/VitaLean.html
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    I have never heard of it so I did a search on it and almost all of the websites are in the UK. If they are lying about its popularity in the US what else are they lying about?

That's why I posted it - everyone at work is raving about this drug because "it's taken America by storm" apparently. So I said I would conduct my own research before everybody rushes out and wastes their money - and as the majority of members here are American what better way to find out if it's true? Thank you my friends, it looks as if the manufacturers are trying to con the Great British public by telling them some untruths.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have lived here all of my life also and have never heard of it either. So I guess I can account for Southern Wisconsin. LOL
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it and I used to work at a drug store for many years. All those weight loss drugs have to use hype to get people to start buying. Look at the buzz it started at your work. Drug companies. URG
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    That's pretty funny. It just goes to show that everyone uses the same scams. I'm sure if it is marketed here, the ads will trumpet how it is "taking the Continent by storm".

There seem to be a lot of MFP members from the UK -- I really enjoy the different perspective.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    ooops--double click.
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    That's pretty funny. It just goes to show that everyone uses the same scams. I'm sure if it is marketed here, the ads will trumpet how it is "taking the Continent by storm".

There seem to be a lot of MFP members from the UK -- I really enjoy the different perspective.

Hahaha, it will be funny if the manufacturers of Vita-Lean use that as their tagline when they try to break the American market!:bigsmile:
    I was suspicious that an identical comment has been submitted from two *apparently* different people on two UK sites where this is being discussed, extolling it's wonders, and proclaiming massive weight loss without any change in eating habits. I bet it's a Vita-Lean employee.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Definitely wouldn't trust a diet pill. I haven't heard of this one either btw. I live in VA.
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    Darn it, and there I was thinking you American folk had discovered a secret weight loss pill!!! All we have to do is buy it, swallow it and wake up 30lbs thinner. Does ANYONE fall for this claptrap?:mad: