Keep Falling Off...

Options
Hi Everyone!

I need a little bit of a nudge. I did MFP really well for a few months earlier this year and lost a fair bit. Then I had a wobble, and back to square one again! I need to change my life, but I get bored and struggle quite a bit. I've been on and off here so many times its unbelievable! I've got to get back on it because I'm a bridesmaid next year so these photos will last forever!

Shout at me, give me gentle encouragement, tell me off... do whatever, just help keep me MOTIVATED! I only have a few months to change!

Replies

• Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Come on guys... no-one want to take this opportunity to shout at someone?! Day 1 is today... I need it!
  • dcountry8
    dcountry8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stay strong, you can do it!:happy:
  • kendragetshealthy
    Options
    You can do this. Think about how much better you feel when you are doing the right things and taking care of your body. Remember why you started. Don't do this for anyone else but you!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Dig if you will a picture... of you in a pretty dress...

See yourself all slim and toned in that dress. You look hot - you're fighting the men off, you're upstaging the bride... All the women in the church HATE you for looking so good. And there's photos to treasure of the whole thing.

Feels good, doesn't it?
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    We have all been there. I honestly believe 90% of your success comes from your head. Once you reach your limit, and COMPLETELY go all in on losing, then you will do it. Once you make up your mind, it becomes a COMMITMENT. Until then, it is just a suggestion. You have done it before, so you know HOW to do it. You just have to decide that you will. Good luck and take it one day at a time!
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just log everything you eat accurately, and you'll find you want to keep those numbers right so much that it keeps you on the wagon, stick in there, you dont have to much to lose, could be just about there by Christmas ans the party season xx
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    GO MOVE YOUR FAT LAZY *kitten*!!!
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    In the words of Jillian Michaels: think about WHY you want to do this because the why can justify any how, any amount of pain.

In the words of me: GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND DO SOMETHING!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you say you get bored? of what?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

^^^^^^I like this bluntness^^^^^^
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Motivation is temporary. Determination is what will carry you through. Doing it when you're bored, tired, mad, sad, etc.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For me, the idea that I have to lose by a certain time causing self-sabotaging too! Don't think about the bridesmaid..... Wake up tomorrow and have your eight glasses of water poured in bottles. (i use 4 and drink 2 in am, 2 in the afternoon/evening.) Log..... just log. That is the only way. log, log log. So when you are looking at that snack tomorrow, if you are not hungry enough to eat an apple, don't eat it and you won't have to log it!!
    I am stuck, so the advise is more to myself! Push yourself because like someone said 90% comes from your head!!
    add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    You want to be on this here beach...

caf1b2bcb7996e97c1f36d9acb482c9f.png

Wearing this here two piece bikini...
    1f25d9468e3052284d667b4289731aef.png

Sippin' on this here delicious fruit martini...
    f959b88bb470657c9ca66284e3d48645.png

Looking back at all the pictures of who you used to be...
    ddd9efc4026e54d84e5d197e42baa78c.png

And will just be so glad and smile, and rejoice...
    a9fcf5dcc74a87fe9dcbb8c3df1a2a2c.png

As you look back at everything, and regardless push yourself to cross that finish line!
    f4db135b3940df56e420420d36638aeb.png
  • mrsgrimsdale
    Options
    You need to believe you deserve to be healthier and fitter, it took me a long time to work out that everytime I started being successful I would undo my work because I was after 'a certain look' or a particular 'weight by a deadline' which I could never realistically achieve and then use that as an excuse to give up.
    The bottom line is if you keep gaining weight you will kill your self respect and eventually yourself in order to look after others you need to be fit, in order to be fit you need to lose fat not necessarily weight.
    be honest with yourself ask why you are doing it and the how will follow.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You want to be on this here beach...

caf1b2bcb7996e97c1f36d9acb482c9f.png

Wearing this here two piece bikini...
    1f25d9468e3052284d667b4289731aef.png

Sippin' on this here delicious fruit martini...
    f959b88bb470657c9ca66284e3d48645.png

Looking back at all the pictures of who you used to be...
    ddd9efc4026e54d84e5d197e42baa78c.png

And will just be so glad and smile, and rejoice...
    a9fcf5dcc74a87fe9dcbb8c3df1a2a2c.png

As you look back at everything, and regardless push yourself to cross that finish line!
    f4db135b3940df56e420420d36638aeb.png

Best post EVER. :bigsmile:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

^^^^^^I like this bluntness^^^^^^

She did say yell...