Too many carbs?

Options
I've only just started taking note of my macro nutrients and I've noticed I eat ALOT of carbs, but its in things like fruit, whole meal wraps, rice etc...
I'd appreciate it if people could look at my diary and see if I am eating too many foods high in carbs or if its all good. Thanks :)

Replies

• ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition where it's necessary to monitor and restrict your carb intake, don't worry about it.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Since I have Type 2 Diabetes, I do have to monitor my carb intake myself. However, the poster above is correct, especially if you do a lot of exercise to burn off those carbs.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i don tthink you eat too many carbs, but you could try increasing your protein, which will keep you fuller longer and help you retain LBM.
  • Jacqsie
    Jacqsie Posts: 51
    Options
    Look up Freelee the banana girl and Durianraider on youtube...they speak about carbs and tell you to carb the fruit up :D
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Look up Freelee the banana girl and Durianraider on youtube...they speak about carbs and tell you to carb the fruit up :D

Yea.... don't do this.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    i don tthink you eat too many carbs, but you could try increasing your protein, which will keep you fuller longer and help you retain LBM.

Do this instead.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Yea.... don't do this.

^^^ Yeah listen to this guy.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    My best recommendation is to go here http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

It will give you a better idea on how many carbs as well as fat and protein you should be eating per day based on your exercise level. Stick to that and you should be fine.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Your diary says a small green apple has 88 carbs? I'm pretty sure that's too high.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Go by how you feel and not what other people think. If you are losing, gaining, or maintaining as you wish and you feel good, keep doing what you are doing. I personally do better if I limit my carbs (I feel better and lose better) but every person is different and you need to find what works for you.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what is considered high carb versus low carb.. I usualy end between 100-150 and have been told everything from I eat a lot of carbs to I have a low carb diet.

So I surmised.. i'll just do whatever works for me and I don't really care what others label it. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :happy:
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Go by how you feel and not what other people think. If you are losing, gaining, or maintaining as you wish and you feel good, keep doing what you are doing. I personally do better if I limit my carbs (I feel better and lose better) but every person is different and you need to find what works for you.

This is good advice. While different people will have different views on the role of carbs in the general human diet, what works (or should work) for most people won't always work for you. Experimentation is always a good idea in my opinion; if you're on what you consider a high-carb diet now, then maybe switch to lower carb for a while and see how you do. Do you feel better? Then maybe that's what'll work best for you. If not, then maybe higher carbs work better. It's really quite individual, even between people who otherwise live identical lives.