I think I am a chocoholic

Options
kw1452
kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
I eat chocolate pretty much every day. I crave it. I have changed my eating habits so the only chocolate I consume is 75% or more dark and high quality brands. And I usually only buy the packages that give you single service squares which are like 60 cals.

For some reason, I just really like having chocolate be the last thing on my taste buds.

I am not necessarily looking for advice to give it up - I dont want to. I'm just making the confession - I have probably an unhealthy relationship with chocolate.

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate, and I do have it every day. I just include it in my calorie count.

I too like the single packages, plus if I buy a bag of it in the gift shop, I give a lot of it away so I'm not tempted, and I make new friends that way too :flowerforyou:
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    this is how I roll too. I don't think it's an unhealthy addiction at all for a treat, as long as it's within calorie allotments why not? there are worse things to snack on. My newest favorite is amy's andy's dandy candy cripsy. it's like a 100 thousand dollar bar but with only like 8 carbs per serving and no fake sugars. I don't necessarily limit it to 75% and above though. I go more by carb load. you can get a quality dark milk chocolate that has fairly low carbs compared to other companies super sweet dark chocolates.
  • kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh I think I just prefer the dark chocolate. I used to eat milk chocolate as a kid, but now its too sweet. And A doctor of mine told me if I'm going to eat it, the darker the better.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day too. Its all about balance
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I too used to have a problem with chocolate (long before I started MFP). We always kept the fun sized chocolate candies around the house and after every meal I would just grab a piece. Chocolate is a good pallet cleanser. But I started putting on weight really fast so I forced myself to stop eating chocolate after every meal. It was hard but I did it. That small change and really no other healthy choices dropped almost 12 pounds in 2 months. Again, this was all way before I started MFP. But since I know I have such a problem and how hard that problem was to kick, I try to avoid chocolate on a daily basis and instead enjoy it once or twice a month.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Or+for+a+Klondike+Bar+_59440c21d25882b5fd3a96c93336e9e5.jpg
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too, I don't eat it everyday but I do love it. Thankfully I've alway preferred the dark, high quality stuff; only 85% organic in my house ;)
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    O, yes. I love me some dark chocolate. Right now it is the dark Chocolate Hershey kisses, they are 20 cal each and I usually have about 4 after dinner, kind of completes the meal to me and also keeps me from eating anything else.
  • Saraisamom
    Saraisamom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate flavored protein bars to curb my cravings and get something positive from it. However, if you can fit he calories into your goals, go for it.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too, I have it almost everyday. But some day's I can't control it, like yesterday I ate a whole bar of it :)
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with eating quality dark chocolate so long as its part of an overall healthy lifestyle. The only issue would be if it is actually becoming an addiction rather than just an enjoyed part of your diet. In my opinion, addictions - even if they're not harming you - are always going to be problematic. If that's not an issue for you then I say congratulations on finding a good way of having what you want but as a part of a healthy and happy life!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I think I eat more chocolate in the past year or two than I ever did as a kid. I'm not super fancy about it though lol I love me some Cadbury eggs, Hershey kisses, and milky ways. I usually only have chocolate maybe once a week but up until like two days ago I was eating it every day seeing how I bought a bag of bite size milky ways lol Not too shabby though, only 38 calories per piece!