binging problem

Options
I'm sure everyone is familiar with this concept so I was wondering: What is your remedy??
What do you do when you feel a food-binge coming up, when you think only food can make you feel better or when you're so hungry you HAVE TO eat?
I just had a bar of chocolate and feel really bad about it, because I know I'm going to be way over my calorie limit (again) today...

Any advise?

Replies

• agb06d
    agb06d Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there! I don't know anyone that HASN"T been through a binge! The important thing is ask why you felt that way? Did you eat enough throughout the day? I know when I get to that point, I usually haven't had enough good calories to satisfy me. I pray my way through the binges. But if I do fall, and I do, I just remember that its done, that doesn't wreck the entireday and move on!
    Don't let the food monster win! =]
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I do not eat the chocolate if I am ravenously hungry. I try to grab some brown rice snaps, 60 calories for 8, to tied me over to something bigger and more filling. Try to have some healthy snacks with you at all times. Try to eat a little every 2-3 hours. Hope this helps. :-)
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    If I feel a binge comin' on I eat a whole lot of healthy stuff! Food that will keep me full so that I do not need to think about the bad foods. Lately it's sweet potatoes. Historically it was apples. Both really filling and good for you at the same time.
  • Allieballie
    Options
    I hear with you the binging. I think the thing to do is to not throw your hands up and say, 'well, I had one bad thing, now I can have 20 bad things'. THAT'S the hard part.
  • IngeS18
    IngeS18 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks, all! I'll give it a try, eating every few hours and healthy snacks instead of the bad stuff!

Oh, and Ashley I am very jealous of your picture, haha. I've been trying for almost a year now to look like that, every time I get soooo close and then I give up =/ I'm not good at this stuff.
    I'll definitely follow these tips, I have to make that extra step at some point and stick with the health foods and the fitness instead of doing it for a couple weeks and then falling back to snacks etc....

Thanks for the advise and support
  • IngeS18
    IngeS18 Posts: 36
    Options
    oops double post
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    keep small bars of chocolate, packets of crisps etc for times like that. All my snacks are around the 100 cal or less mark. I eat it very slowly. I know there are those that don't agree with keeping chocolate at home at all, but this way I have enough to get me over the craving, but its not enough to take me over my cals for the day.
  • uberlibrarian
    Options
    I don't have anything helpful to add, but I appreciate this thread. I've been having a problem with this lately, and it only takes about 5 minutes to undo an entire day's worth of work. So, keep the advice coming!
  • kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    snackajacks jumbo rice cakes are my savour - 38calories for BBQ flavour (or 41cals for salt and vinegar) but satisfies my need to crunch and feels like ive eaten a bag of crisps :happy: so then im satisfied for another couple of hours
  • DebbieDuffy09
    Options
    When I get really hungry like that. I start downing water. Most times with me I am more thirsty then hungry
  • jeremyshives
    Options
    When I start to feel REALLY hungry I go for the bag of celery I keep in my fridge. 4 Sticks about 7 inches long = only 30 calories. I also keep lemon juice and splenda on hand for a quick sweet lemonade to curb the sweet tooth and fill the belly.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I keep 100 cal packs of chips and cookies whenever I feel a strong urge to eat something sweet like that and cannot control myself. I have only ate probably 2 and I've had them since the beginning of September. Lol other than that, there is no junk in this house except Halloween candy right now. I will probably have a piece of candy on Halloween, but that's ok!