Halloween candie cravings

Options
BrainsOnGains
BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
I need some help.

This is the werst time of the year for me becaus a halloween candie.

I love all the candie;
Twixes
snickerss
milky ways
kitkatz
whopprs
reesee cup
crunch bar
3 muskateres
gahdiva

I have a concrete plan that seems to be working. When I buy the candie I eat it, so that I wont be temptd to eat it at later (at night).

If you eat candie at night, like say after 10:00pm (eestern) it will go straight to fat!!! Pleaze dont fall into that fat trap.

I dont have any candy left for the halloween kidz, what should I do?

Replies

• smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    :noway:

People don't hand out Godiva! I wish they did. I'd dress up and trick or treat every year.
  • Pamella513
    Options
    I buy candy I hate to hand out.....that way I won't eat it.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Put it somewhere you won't be seeing it until it's time for the trick or treaters. To avoid leftovers, try handing out 2-3 pieces to each trick or treater instead of just one, and if there are still leftovers you can seal them away for next year and again put them somewhere out of sight / out of mind.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    6213558746_e4d912334b_m.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

tumblr_m76vcyIMA11rziwwco1_400.gif
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Don't open it!!!

I LOVE Kit Kats...

My trick to avoid having it in the house after Halloween used to be: I told my kids that if they keep a few pieces for themselves but leave the rest on the porch, they great pumpkin will come swap out the candy for a present.

It worked for years. Now my daughter knows I am full of it, and has instructed her brother not to listen to me.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I don't have to worry about candy cravings. I will be roasting marshmallows in my fire pit while handing out candy. And yep, I'll probably eat a few pieces of the candy too. And do I care? Nope...it's 1 day, enjoy, just don't go overboard. And make sure you give ALL of your candy away...no leftovers permitted.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have a concrete plan that seems to be working. When I buy the candie I eat it, so that I wont be temptd to eat it at later (at night).

If you eat candie at night, like say after 10:00pm (eestern) it will go straight to fat!!! Pleaze dont fall into that fat trap.

am I the only one who read this? or am I reading it wrong? :huh:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    My eyes aren't so good.

I read this as Halloween candle cravings and was wondering what that meant :ohwell:

I'm also curious if this post is in the right section… If so, have we been had?
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    We had trick or treat on Friday night, most if not all of the good stuff is gone :(

Before you bash the Friday night TorT, think about it... no work, no school the next day. It's Friday...the endless parties and bonfires in the driveways all over the neighborhoods. It turns into a great night!

Our community has always had TorT on the Friday before the actual Halloween date. I don't think they will ever change it...people really enjoy it. AND it allows us to go into other communities and TorT tomorrow. We get double dose, and double candy!
  • wolverine66
    Options
    Don't open it!!!

I LOVE Kit Kats...

My trick to avoid having it in the house after Halloween used to be: I told my kids that if they keep a few pieces for themselves but leave the rest on the porch, they great pumpkin will come swap out the candy for a present.

It worked for years. Now my daughter knows I am full of it, and has instructed her brother not to listen to me.

I just read yesterday about the "Switch Witch" or something that basically does the same thing. Trades a present for candy. Apparently this is becoming a trend.

Personally, I would rather use the candy as a tool to teach my child about moderation and control. That way, neither one of us is a victim to temptation. But, I can certainly see how some would just rather get it out of the house.
  • BrainsOnGains
    Options
    I also furgot about;
    zero bar
    score bar
    rollos
    ferrari roche
    willy wonka
    payday
    heath
    butterfinger
    clark

I likes all the chocalote
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

I actually liked these! I thought it would be the other way around, but I really didn't care for the pumpkin ones.

ETA that probably didn't help OP. I'll take those Zeros off your hands. Thanks!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    so your saying you buy the candy and eat it quickly to avoid eating it at night..or after 10? im lost here
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have four kids. Four children means there will be four pumpkin buckets full of candy at my house. My kids had better eat/hide all the Twix and Snickers quick that's all I have to say! lol

Actually my kids pick their favorites from their buckets and we either send the remainder with Dad to work & make his coworkers fat or it get ditched in the garbage after a few days.
  • BrainsOnGains
    Options
    so your saying you buy the candy and eat it quickly to avoid eating it at night..or after 10? im lost here

You recited my thread back to me empazizing on my key points, I think im lost?
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

You recited my thread back to me empazizing on my key points, I think im lost?

that makes no logical sense to me....why buy the crap then??
  • wolverine66
    Options

I actually liked these! I thought it would be the other way around, but I really didn't care for the pumpkin ones.

i like them too. Currently have a bag in my house.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

i like them too. Currently have a bag in my house.

Currently don't have a bag in my house, because I eated them all! Still have the pumpkin ones, though.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    We loves the Snickerses too, precious.