Eating a cake a day - but I am in my calorie allowance

Options
So,

We have a cake run at work, it starts at my desk and she rings a bell and shouts cakes anyone!

i think she is taunting me....

Anyway, I had a cake a day last week and still lost 2lbs in that week, as I am keeping within my calorie allowance per day and also am doing loads of exercise....

pros and cons of this are what?? help please

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Pro
    You get to enjoy cake..

Con
    Nothing your still losing.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    It's probably just me, but I totally do not understand your post. I don't know what a cake day or cake run are. That said, you say you are still losing, so I guess it's all good!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    As long as you're getting your macros and micros I don't see the harm from a health point of view.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    It's probably just me, but I totally do not understand your post. I don't know what a cake day or cake run are. That said, you say you are still losing, so I guess it's all good!
    I'm equally confused, I'm guessing that the "cake" is not the cake we are thinking it is? Maybe language difference?
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    What? Eat cake. Enough said.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Well you should already know what the pros are.

The cons should also be a little obvious. Cake is not exactly considered to be a healthy food. Whether of not that bothers you and how much will affect your thoughts on it.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Are you getting in your target levels of protein and other vital nutrients? If so, congratulations and have another cake.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    So eat more veggies.. and have a shot of cupcake vodka at the end of the day :).. YUMMY with diet gingerale.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Pros
    Everything

Cons
    If one of the cakes was German Chocolate
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    2lbe5ih.jpg
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    ThePersnicketyOtter Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Your post didn't entirely make sense to me, but if you're losing weight, and eating cake, then I see no problems whatsoever. :P
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    So eat more veggies.. and have a shot of cupcake vodka at the end of the day :).. YUMMY with diet gingerale.

cupcake vodka? O_o I'm IN!!
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm equally confused, I'm guessing that the "cake" is not the cake we are thinking it is? Maybe language difference?

Definitely the problem. I hate translating English to English...
  • SamAldridge85
    SamAldridge85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A cake run is a lady who comes to your desk at work with a trolley full of cakes you can eat.
  • SamAldridge85
    SamAldridge85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

A cake run is a lady who comes to your desk at work with a trolley full of cakes you can eat.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

We never should have rebelled.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    For me, the sugar in something like cake makes it more difficult to stay within my allotted calories so I tend not to have sugary items more than once a week, but if you have the control to keep it within your alotment, then good for you!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Are you getting in your target levels of protein and other vital nutrients? If so, congratulations and have another cake.

^^ :drinker:
  • KudzuSouth
    KudzuSouth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2lbe5ih.jpg

One of the best games ever!
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I avoid carbs, they seem to reflect weight a lot more than just calories. So I would probably have them as a 1-a week treat.