halloween costume?

Options
I have a dr. Appt tomorrow, and i NEVER go without costume on halloween. Heres my problem: hubby was laid off last month and im pulling ideas out of my ear. I have dresses. I have an assortment of knee socks. I have a wide range of makeup (and a bottle of liquid latex if i can find it).

Halp.

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    a zombie is always easy because you can use your every day clothes but untucked and dissheveled, go heavy on the powder and use your regular eye makeup to shadow your eyes and cheeks. spray your hair into a bed head look and boom. zombie.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The classic hippie is a simple and inexpensive choice if you have a tie-dye shirt. Jeans, shirts, and a bandana around your head. Not to mention you can layer it for cold weather.

I'm a little confused as to why the doctor's appointment is being mentioned...
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    You could possibly do some sort of clown - deliberately mismatched, stripes with polka-dots, etc.

Or a hobo. Some roughed-up looking clothes, shorts and knee socks, tie a hankie around a stick (even could make it a Lil Rascal, maybe add a black eye from makeup)

Just keep in mind, if you have a Dr's appointment that requires disrobing, to make it's something easy to take off. And, depending on the type of appointment, you may want to skip the makeup until after.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    a zombie is always easy because you can use your every day clothes but untucked and dissheveled, go heavy on the powder and use your regular eye makeup to shadow your eyes and cheeks. spray your hair into a bed head look and boom. zombie.

Yep. This is what I'm doing for the same exact reason. Hubs suddenly lost his job last month and I'm being thrifty. I've spent a total of $9 on my costume this year, spent $6 on a crappy goodwill outfit to rip up and stain with dirt and 'blood' (I got scrubs because I work in a Dr's office so I'm going with Zombie Nurse). I spent $3 on Zombie blood. Will be using makeup that I have already. Good luck!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    The knee socks make me think roller derby chick, before or after a horrific accident.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The appt is mentioned because i wouldnt dress up if i wasnt going somewhere.

Hubby also found an old tophat. Maybe some sort of messed up mad hatter? (Zombie is a cop out for me, hubs and i went as rotted zombie and fresh bite victim last year-four hours for his makeup....gaaah.)

f i could find a belt,i could stuff a purple knee sock and have a tail. He could be the mad hatter and i could do cheshire cat :/
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    The knee socks make me think roller derby chick, before or after a horrific accident.

Wife is a roller derby chick...I see this stuff daily. On her, and many many others from the team (prolly see more as well :wink: )
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Would it be the end of the world if you didn't dress up?
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Pretty much.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Pin a fabric softner sheet and some assorted socks, handtowels, etc. onto your normal outfit and go as static cling.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

Pretty much.

I love it! haha

I can't stand NOT dressing up, either.

I don't know what you look like, but with the dresses...depending on your haircolor and style, maybe Snow White or Alice in Wonderland?
  • ktothema
    ktothema Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a cheapy witch outfit this year - black dress and leggings, witches hat on alice band and green sprayed hair. Its only to amuse the kiddies who trick or treat though I imagine I may end up needing to go out in public like that at some point.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Yes it would!! This is an important holiday people!

I pinned leaves to a green dress and braided my hair with ribbons and leaves and went as a wood nymph for my least expensive costume...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The appt is mentioned because i wouldnt dress up if i wasnt going somewhere.

Hubby also found an old tophat. Maybe some sort of messed up mad hatter? (Zombie is a cop out for me, hubs and i went as rotted zombie and fresh bite victim last year-four hours for his makeup....gaaah.)

f i could find a belt,i could stuff a purple knee sock and have a tail. He could be the mad hatter and i could do cheshire cat :/

I went as the white rabbit and my boyfriend went as the Mad Hatter this year. It was fun. =)