Favorite Fitness Gadget/Equipment

Options
So it's that time of year again...Christmas is just 56 days away and I need an idea of what to ask for. I already have a Garmin GPS with HRM for my runs outside and a new iPod. Other than those items, what is your favorite fitness related gadget or piece of equipment that you like and why? Thinking somewhere in the $200 or less range...could I get a decent bike in that range??? Hmmmm... :smile:

Replies

• csand11
    csand11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well, my favorite is my iPhone (apps, music, calendar for planning). Then my Fitbit. However, I'm thinking I'd like a bosu for balance and core.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My favorites are my ipod shuffle (under 30 bucks) or my 2 bikes. I am sorry I don't know if you can get a decent bike for $200 or not, my husband buys older bikes and fixes them up so mine are both of that type.
  • sheep_dog
    sheep_dog Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can get a schwinn prelude for around $200. They are a fantastic starter road bike. You aren't going to win the your de France on it, but you sure as hell can shed some pounds and it's 100x better than a Walmart mountain bike. Personal experience!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Now it's down to a Schwinn Prelude or a Fitbit...

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Bumper plates are on my list :)
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Oh throw out the damn Fitbit. You already have a heart rate monitor, and it looks like you're actually working out... why would you need a Fitbit?