best workout videos

Options
hey everyone :) could i get some suggestions as to what are some great workout dvd's? thank you!

Replies

• MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    what do you enjoy?
    Cardio? Strength training? Dancing? Walking...
    how much time can you spend working out each day? Based on that info I can make you some recommendations :)
  • DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    Options
    anything from Beachbody. Are you looking for cardio based or strength training based? I can help you find a workout program right for you. Friend me if you would like so we can chat!
    -Doreen
  • krice1972
    Options
    I like beach body 10 minute workouts. There is a bonus workout on the dvds that lasts 37 minutes and Tony Horton is the instructor, love love love him! Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is another one that is good.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My favorite was always "The Firm"
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    if i have to do a dvd at home, i prefer tai chi...my friend is bringing me p90x and Insanity tonight, according to this site, it's amazing but damn hard
  • kimbalee661
    kimbalee661 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I got the total Zumba Workout DVD set as a gift for my Birthday and love it! It has a break down of all steps, a 20 min workout, a live Zumba workout (My favorite) and 2 other DVD which include an AB workout and toning sticks. It's fun and burns mega calories :)
  • PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 318
    Options
    I don't know where you're based but I'm in the UK and I LOVE the Davina workout dvd's. It contains proper warm-up and cool down sections which are so important but you don't always find in other dvd's. When I started working out I used those and I had pretty good results with them. If you can stand her chatter...
  • cjemtegaard
    Options
    I have been enjoying Workout One on One Training with Jackie (Jackie Warner from Bravo) has a 60 minute workout broken down to upper, lower, and abs/core and you can customize your workout or do them all.
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    ok, thank you so much!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 minutes to fitness series, she has step, kickboxing, circuit training...I also like Jari Love workouts, they are high rep low weight workouts that really get your heart rate up.
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Its nice to see someone recommend something besides Beachbody Products and Jillian Michaels. I was begining to wonder if these were the only workouts.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Its nice to see someone recommend something besides Beachbody Products and Jillian Michaels. I was begining to wonder if these were the only workouts.

According to LIVESTRONG.com 4 of the Top Ten All Time Work Out Videos are from Beachbody. They are not the only workouts out there, just the best!

P90X
    Insanity
    Turbo Jam
    Brazilian Butt Lift
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/279226-top-10-most-effective-workout-videos-of-all-time/
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I like a quote from another fitness website I go to "the best workout is the one you do!".
    I don't doubt that beachbody workouts are good.
    But others are just as good.
    I know I cannot afford beachbody systems.
    The ones I use work just fine and get the job done!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I like Insanity, ANYTHING from Jillian Michaels, Jackie Warner is awesome, Tae Bo is really good
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I like Insanity, ANYTHING from Jillian Michaels, Jackie Warner is awesome, Tae Bo is really good

I love Tae Bo. Billy Blanks is a great motivator. I credit him with the start of the thurst for fitness.
  • ItsNatastic
    ItsNatastic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90x right now and LOVE it. Its program with diverse and varying workouts each week. I also really like Turbojam, its super fun and more like a party than a workout. I stick mostly to beachbody dvd's because I know they are well planned and executed. I also own Tony Hortons 10 minute trainer (awesome if you dont have lots of time to work out), Brazillian Butt Lift, and yoga booty ballet.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    For strength based workouts, I like both P90X and ChaLEAN Extreme. For cardio, I like Turbo Kick (you have to be an instructor to get the DVD's, but Turbo Jam is similar) and Insanity.

I like Tae Bo as well and have the advanced ones where you get to punch and kick a bag...of course, I need a new bag and haven't used them in a while.

I haven't done any of the Jillian Michaels ones except for the yoga, but that one is good, so I bet the others are great too.

And I have heard lots about Zumba, but I haven't done it. It looks a little like Cardio Axe from Brazil Butt Lift which I love.

Just pick the one that you think looks the most fun and can stick with. As long as you eat right and exercise, you WILL see success.
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered Zumba (and actually got certified to teach it recently) and it is a lot of fun. It's a great variation from the usual workout that you think of.

I also really enjoy the variety I get from FitTV (Shimmy is a lot of fun - belly dancing :) and Exercise TV. They offer short, on demand workout programs.

To the person who said all you hear about is Beachbody and Jillian Michaels. I do agree - a LOT of people (myself included) use them and recommend them, but you are also correct, there is a LOT of other stuff out there.
    Variety is the spice of life!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Anything by Chalene Johnson (ChaLean Extreme, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire) or Cathe Friedrich.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i recommend any of the Turbo Jams (which are by beachbody), and TaeBo, also people are really getting into Jillian Michaels 30day shred!