Foam Rollers?

Options
Any helpful info or feedback on using foam rollers to stretch out after workouts?

Replies

• knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's painful for a couple days or weeks.. but it really helps over time. The more you do it, the less it hurts. You'll find knots where you didn't think you had knots.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    OMG Foam Rollers are amazing they save my shoulders and hips from pain. You Tube how to use one there are lots of how to videos. I use it everyday.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I got one recently.... interested in tips too.
  • jaj14
    jaj14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use a foam roller every evening to roll out my legs and have found it more effective than stretching in keeping me injury-free and moving! It can be extremely painful when you first start - definitely find some YouTube videos to show you how to roll out each area properly, and be very gentle while you build up. A few minutes every day will be more effective than a large chunk of time every once in a while.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Love/hate relationship because it hurts so good!! :wink:

Lots of good videos on YouTube. I typically use mine after a strenuous workout, or sometimes just in the evening after work when my body feels tight and knotted.

Enjoy!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Check out TPtherapy on You Tube. They're the maker's of the Trigger Point foam roller and they have a bunch of really good videos on how to target specific muscles.