42 Pounds Down - GOALLLLLL! (with pics)

Options

Replies

• tonigone
    tonigone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are very inspirational....I'm so glad I took time to read your post. I think the hardest thing is it takes so long and it's so frustrating. I do have to remember I got this way over many years and it will take at least 1-2 to take it off. I am trying to make exercise a part of my daily routine and logging food is so important and the key to making our body change.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, y'all! I stepped away for a bit because...well...work, LOL...and came back over and boom! 3 pages?

And I have tears in my eyes, because some of your comments are really touching, and you all are making me smile, and I can relate to so many of you because getting stuck just SUCKS.....:noway: but we get past it, and we get tougher for it (and smarter, lol), and I appreciate that y'all stopped and read and commented...

:flowerforyou:
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making your goal weight & for keeping at it along with all the struggles / injures :)
    Thanks for sharing your story....very inspiring! You look awesome!!!!!
    I wanted to ask..... How did you post your side-by-side pics??
    I just loved that you documented your whole journey with pictures...
    Keep at it! You are going to rock in your wedding dress, bikini etc.... :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!! :happy:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulations you look amazing
  • fitby47
    fitby47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Your story was wonderful to read, loved the progress pics, and very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    You have worked hard and achieved outstanding results! What an inspiration ! :flowerforyou:
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!! Loved reading your story!!! You rock!!:drinker:
  • Bbuser51
    Bbuser51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!!! Congratulations
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great work! Very inspirational!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration you are. Thanks for sharing your story! Well done.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Loved, loved your story and pics! And yes, i read every word. Like many others - this type of story comes at a good time for me.
    Essentially, i have made my goal too. When i started my journey (May 2013) and had to put down a goal, well - i put down what i weighed in my early 20's. I am almost 68 ! I mean - i thought - if you want to have a goal, have a good Goal! I truly Never thought that i would get down to that - 129. ( i am 5 4.5"). I mean - i haven't been there for 40 years! But - like you - through truly hard work - lots of exercise - so i could eat more - i made it. I hit 129 - 31 days ago. and have struggled to go from 129 to 131 for 31 days. I mean i am/was thinking - well - maybe this is where i am meant to be. Then i read your entire post - and got to the plateau that you hit for 8 weeks! 31days? babytime - i have 30 more to go! So i will continue. Everyone is telling me - you look great - don't lose anymore. But----I want to have that safety room - so i can finally maintain and not worry about gaining a few. Two weeks ago i started weight training and am loving it. Before that - it was massive cardio - i am a cyclist and do love to push myself.

So don't be daunted by age 50 - you are just getting started on your next life!
    Congrats - enjoyed the tale.
  • Ginastern1
    Ginastern1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful and strong! Congratulations. I have lost 40 lbs and need another 40. Thanks for sharing your success. 30 lb shred!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! You accomplished your goal and look great! Thanks for sharing!
  • tracytm
    tracytm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your story, CONGRATULATIONS!! Very inspirational. I especially loved your quote, "will workout for wine!" That would be the last thing I would ever give up! Thanks for sharing it comes at a good time for me since I feel I have been struggling with somewhat of a plateau and have been working out and tracking food for 8 weeks, but expected more weight loss by now....needing more patience and perseverance!!!
  • sancach
    sancach Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow, you have done an amazing job and are an inspiration for me! I have the same health issues that you have and am also in my 40's and keep thinking if I am just suppose to be this big but you have proved that isn't the case. Congrats!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job & results! Love your spirit. Thanks for sharing!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome transformation!!!!! I also barely recognized you in your before picture. You look amazing. And 50 is totally the new 30. Which makes me 11. Am I allowed to work out for wine?
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story and amazing progress. You should be so proud!

I'm having the same problem in those 150's - weight keeps going up and down for the last 4 weeks but I know I can get through to the other side. Thanks for the inspiration. Exactly what I needed today!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Thanks for posting this in such detail! It really drives home the point that plateaus are not stopping points and an over 40 metabolism is no excuse! Two things I need to remember...again, thanks for the post and enjoy your healthy life...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!