Daily Calorie Calculation-Need Help

Options
Im totally confused regarding the amount of Calories this site gives me. Basically, because I work a desk job I am considered to have a sedentary lifestyle and only get 1230 calories a day. However, when I leave work I spend two hours in the gym doing cardio and strength training and often feel like im not getting enough calories. Should I up my calories (1350) or should am I really just whining and need to suck up the headaches and the grumbling tummy.

Replies

• Sharonbed4d
    Options
    Once you input your exercise calories burned into MFP they get added into your daily calorie allowance. I would use a HRM to get the most accurate count for your calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Follow the site. Eat 1230 plus your exercise calories. If you burn 300 calories at the gym you get to eat 1530 (1230+300).
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Once you workout and enter the calories burned, it ups your calorie intake by how many calories you burned. MFP suggests you eat your workout calories, because they are already figuring in how many calories you need to burn to lose weight. According to how many you entered to lose a week, your calories would be more or less a day.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    If you are getting headaches your body is talking to you. You should def eat your exercise cals. You will still have a calorie deficit to lose weight and if you are strength training your muscles need those cals. I know it's weird but you gotta eat more to lose! Good luck! You and your body will be much happier!
  • manamac
    manamac Posts: 13
    Options
    Try looking at what kind of calories you are consuming too. Make sure you have enough protein in a day to sustain you. I have started eating a 1/3 of a cup of trail mix on the days I work out and I'm finding it really reduces my hunger pains. It is quite a few calories but I snack less on other empty calorie items.
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was told by several people not to eat the exercise calories because I would be negating the calorie restriction. Im a much happier lady right now!