CROSSFIT- brag about it!

Options
Enough crossfit hate! Haters can take it somewhere else. I want to hear success stories! Who PR'd this week? Who gets up at 5am to have their *kitten* handed to them before a 9 hour work day? Who hit a weight loss/gain goal? Who finished last but worked harder then everybody else at the gym?!

What's your success story this week?
BRAG ABOUT IT- GO!

Also add me! I need more crossfit friends (because you know people who don't do it don't like hearing about it all the time).

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Glee-MikeChangeHerewego.gif
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    CrossFit. I LOVE it. I lift heavier everyday. I feel my body becoming stronger & faster! I workout with a great group of people. I workout in the mornings for 30mins doing some sort of weight training or cardio . Then at 7pm I do my Crossfit class. Im hooked.

I would add, but i dont add anyone without a actual pic of themselves. Not hating
  • noelieSAURUSrex
    Options
    Legit point- but dorkalicious me at work will have to do.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm super hooked. Just started about 2 months ago so I can't brag about PRs yet but my performance gets better with every workout. I feel stronger and faster every week.

I think what sells crossfit is the great coaching and the challenging programming. What seals the deal is the group you work out with. It's so unlike any regular gym where people barely ever make eye contact, everyone has ear buds in and you only ever speak to people you already know. And don't get me started on people texting while on machines and camping out there.

The atmosphere is so much better and everyone is so encouraging at every level. No one should feel intimidated going to crossfit.

I'll get some PRs once I nail down the form a little better, which the great coaching is helping with, at every single workout.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Oh .... I guess I PR'd dead lifts cause I could never do them before. I had asked personal trainers 3 times at a previous gym about dead lifts and I never managed to complete a workout after trying them bc my form was so bad I'd leave with a sore back after attempting 135.

@ crossfit though .... 21, 15, 9 reps in a WOD at 225lbs. Woot Woot !!!

Feel free to add me if you crossfit !!! :bigsmile:
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Nothing bad to say about crossfit, I did it for about 6 months but even as much as they scaled it for me, I was just too far gone to really do a lot of it. Managed some PR's like 375 on a deadlift and 185 on power cleans. I was also still pushing 500lbs when I was there and want to go back when I am closer to my goals to get in the shape I want to be in. It did teach me a lot about form and how to push myself, and thats something I carry with me now with my current personal trainer. Cant wait to go back when I hit 300. 188 pounds to go. :)
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I just joined together, I am on my last fundamental training session...taking my first official class on Friday. I'm already hooked and so sore today but cannot wait to go back. Just what I need to break my mental and physical workout plateau.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Crossfit Games are kinda cool.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I smashed my shins up real good on some boxes. I think I'm scarred for life.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    how much do you bench?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    What is crossfit?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I refuse to drink the Kool-Aid
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Kqctx.gif
    n't-doing-crossfit-did-not-read-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-73.gif
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I refuse to drink the Kool-Aid

this
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    What's wrong w/ crossfit?
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am looking into cross-fit. I really want to try it but am a bit intimidated by the workouts and the cost. Monthly unlimited is about $200 in NYC. Thats a lot of money when my usual workout (running outside) is free. I really want to switch it up, get leaner, stronger and FASTER so I've scheduled intro sessions at 2 diffrent boxes to see if either is a good fit.

At a marathon expo in June there was a pull up competition at one of the booths. Most pull up won a $100 gift certificate. Guess how many I managed? ZERO!! And I was so sore from the repeated efforts!! Being able to do this might be worth $200 a month.
    Kqctx.gif
    FthisSintheA.gif
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    PRed my overhead squat this week by 12lbs! PRed my box jump height as well...36"
  • addysolari
    addysolari Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bump for later to see how bad this gets :)