Who's a Red Sox fan???

Options
DVaughan1975
DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
I live in St. Louis so I would love to hear from some of the Red Sox fans out there? Gonna be a good game tonight!! Of course I will be rooting for the Cards but if Boston wins I will be happy for them. It's been so fun to watch : ) Ortiz is unbelievable!! Go Redbirds!!!

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    not a sox fan, but I am a Shane Victorino fan. I'm rooting for him to do well.
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Not a Sox fan but being a Brewers fan, I always root against the Cardinals
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sitting in my office in Boston right now. Can't wait for tonight's game!
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    For the American League, I am a true Boston fan.

Over the years, St Louis has climbed to near Yankee status with me. I can't stand them...
    It was only fitting how they won on technicality and the fans got on the bandwagon and bragged, and then lost with the most basic of baseball fundamentals.

I cannot wait until we see the BoSox win the series!
  • DVaughan1975
    Options

It's gonna be a good one. Hopefully the Cards bring their bats!! Ugh!!

" Not a Sox fan but being a Brewers fan, I always root against the Cardinals " - Sorry your team didn't make it AGAIN!!!

"For the American League, I am a true Boston fan.

Over the years, St Louis has climbed to near Yankee status with me. I can't stand them...
    It was only fitting how they won on technicality and the fans got on the bandwagon and bragged, and then lost with the most basic of baseball fundamentals." - This is just sad.......the Yankees try and PAY

ETA - Didn't get to finish that....The Yankees try and PAY for their baseball team....the Cards just go to their phenominal farm system. And for the record....The UMP MADE THE CALL WHICH AWARDED CRAIG HOME PLATE!! Ugh....I am so sick of people thinking the Cardinals whine. Seriously....AC is out their playing with a torn up foot, CB said someone would have to kill him to keep him out of the game, no one from the Cardinals actual team (and I am not talking about that silly baseball coach) said a word about the goo in Lester's hand in game 1 (which we all know was just rosin and sweat), no one argued KW being picked off at first, and absoltely no one in St. Louis feels like the Cardinals got the short end of the stick this series. No one bragged about the win on Saturday night. We all knew it was just a crazy play. Even Holliday was stumped. SMH!!!
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Who is a Red Sox fan? Because they should be beaten with a stick!

Red Sox and Yankees...two worst teams in the MLB with the most bandwagon fans.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Not a Sox fan but a baseball fan.

Wacha and Carpenter for the Cardinals and Lackey Peavy for the Sox. Cards still gotta like their chances with those pitching matchups. Not ideal to be at Fenway but I'm hoping for a couple epic games with great pitching.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    <
    Been watching ...... Tonights game should be a good one!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

It's gonna be a good one. Hopefully the Cards bring their bats!! Ugh!!

" Not a Sox fan but being a Brewers fan, I always root against the Cardinals " - Sorry your team didn't make it AGAIN!!!

"For the American League, I am a true Boston fan.

It was only fitting how they won on technicality and the fans got on the bandwagon and bragged, and then lost with the most basic of baseball fundamentals." - This is just sad.......the Yankees try and PAY

ETA - Didn't get to finish that....The Yankees try and PAY for their baseball team....the Cards just go to their phenominal farm system. And for the record....The UMP MADE THE CALL WHICH AWARDED CRAIG HOME PLATE!! Ugh....I am so sick of people thinking the Cardinals whine. Seriously....AC is out their playing with a torn up foot, CB said someone would have to kill him to keep him out of the game, no one from the Cardinals actual team (and I am not talking about that silly baseball coach) said a word about the goo in Lester's hand in game 1 (which we all know was just rosin and sweat), no one argued KW being picked off at first, and absoltely no one in St. Louis feels like the Cardinals got the short end of the stick this series. No one bragged about the win on Saturday night. We all knew it was just a crazy play. Even Holliday was stumped. SMH!!!

I pretty much agree, except on the Lester part. I've been pitching since I was five, and have had plenty of sweat and rosin mixed together. I've never seen it do that!
  • DVaughan1975
    Options
    Not a Sox fan but a baseball fan.

Wacha and Carpenter for the Cardinals and Lackey Peavy for the Sox. Cards still gotta like their chances with those pitching matchups. Not ideal to be at Fenway but I'm hoping for a couple epic games with great pitching.

Do you mean Wacha and Kelly for games 6&7 or are you referring to MCarp? Chris Carpenter unfortunately is done : ( I like the idea that we are facing a righty again but the Cards bats have gone silent. It seems like if Matt Carpenter's bat goes silent so go the Cardinals. Wacha needs to be stellar again tonight. MCarp, Adams, Freese, and Yadi need to step it up. No one expects much off the bat of Kozma but his defense is good (except for game 1). SR has been somewhat impressive as he frequently makes contact and is quick out of the box. You never know with DD. Beltran and Holliday cannot be the only contributors this series. Big Papi may be 11 for 15 and doing some damage but he also does a great job of simply setting the table for the people who follow him. A lot of unlikely contributors have stepped up on that team. The 3 run shot by Jonny Gomes in game 4 off of the ground ball inducing Seth Manness. Drew with the grinding at bat to draw the walk followed by an RBI. It's just good fundamental baseball. As far as the Lester goo....I just don't know that much about it but as a Cards fan I have to be careful otherwise people will just call me a whiner :wink:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of wearing socks at all, but when I do, they're usually tie dye.
  • shellsies93
    Options
    tonights game will be epic...can't wait!
    lets go sox!! :)
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Me me me!!! Watching the game right now!
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This girl! Watching now :D
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Wheeeeee!!!!!

I got to go to the Fens in 2002; we were there and already had tickets when Ted Williams died, so I got a real introduction to what it feels like there when something big happens. Can't imagine what those fans are feeling in the park right now.

And I'm relieved that this didn't go to 7 games and threaten my husband's cardiac health!

Red Sox Win :)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Also, though... I felt bad for the redbirds tonight, and was glad that this series had such good sportsmanship, no fights, etc. It's a little more fun to win when the opposition are jerks.

What is this miasma crawling out onto the field?
  • Naturalhiker
    Options
    I have been a Sox fan since the Roger Clemens, Wade Boggs days...but I also by location am a SF Giants fan but so happy to see the Sox win tonight :)
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have been a sox fan since birth! Today is a great day!!!!
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I hate the Red Sox with everything I have, but I have to admit....wait, no that's all I wanted to say.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    <- My whole life