What workout combination is good for those "fat pockets.'"

Options
I'm pretty close to my goal weight and my issue now is getting rid of my stomach and inner thighs. At this point would it be best for me to do more cardio with a few weight lifting sessions in between or vice versa? Currently, I've been doing a good bit of weight lifting via, machines, dumbells, and body pump, with 10-20 cardio sessions on the elliptical. I also do body combat every so often. Each day, my calories burned are around 400-600 calories.

As for my caloric intake, I'm honestly not sure what it is right now, but the majority of it is still the same healthy stuff I've always been eating so my intake isn't anything too crazy. should i keep doing what I'm doing and keep mycaloric intake to my TDEE -%20 (1773) or change everything completely?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty close to my goal weight and my issue now is getting rid of my stomach and inner thighs. At this point would it be best for me to do more cardio with a few weight lifting sessions in between or vice versa? Currently, I've been doing a good bit of weight lifting via, machines, dumbells, and body pump, with 10-20 cardio sessions on the elliptical. I also do body combat every so often. Each day, my calories burned are around 400-600 calories.

As for my caloric intake, I'm honestly not sure what it is right now, but the majority of it is still the same healthy stuff I've always been eating so my intake isn't anything too crazy. should i keep doing what I'm doing and keep mycaloric intake to my TDEE -%20 (1773) or change everything completely?

See bolded and you can't spot reduce
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

I'm not so much trying to spot reduce...I didn't really ask for specific exercises to reduce those spots. I asked if the way I'm doing my workout will help aid in reducing the remainer of fat that I do have. I lost my first 30 without any weight lifting and now I'm at a point where I'm asking for advice which method would be better at this point. More cardio? More weights? A combo?
    See bolded and you can't spot reduce
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    diet below maintenance and heavy weights compounds focused workouts