stomach fat? what to do to get it off!!??

Options
so, in order to lose stomach fat, which is more important. I know both diet and exercise combined is the best, but for belly fat, what do you think is the most important? Im losing weight, but not belly fat :(

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    have a good, stern talking to your body and ask it to just lost stomach fat?

sorry, but in all honesty there is nothing you can do but reduce body fat percentage. Your body naturally will lose it from wherever you are genetically predisposed to, it is NOT possible to target areas. You just have to keep losing and wait and see what will happen!

Keep at it and be patient! And be sure to integrate some strength training to assist in retaining some muscle whilst you lose weight.

Good luck :)
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    There is no way to target fat loss from certain areas. Diet, cardio and strength training will get you the best results.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Patience, calorie deficit and exercise all in that order.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    In chancing being a complete dumbass here, actually going to be sarcastic, but..

How about all them diet pills? And 5 day flushes, and the binge eating? Do u mean to tell me that they don't work? That the companies just put them out to make money and that they are nothing more then placebos or ground up newspaper in a pill form? And the magic flushes are nothing more then water with aspartame and other chemicals that are on the fda list of approved garbage? Really?

Lol.. just had to do it, but no I really wish there was a thing to help reduce tummy rolls, but sadly, there isn't! Just eat at a 10/15 percent deficit and HIIT along with lifting! Good luck
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Liposuction

Just Sayin'.
  • kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing. I have alot more worries about my visceral fat than the rest. I dont even care if I lose a pants size. I just want my mid section to not make me look pregnant. And Im having no luck with losing anything either. In three months Ive lost one inch off my belly :/
  • jbolainho88
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing. I have alot more worrie
    s about my visceral fat than the rest. I dont even care if I lose a pants size. I just want my mid section to not make me look pregnant. And Im having no luck with losing anything either. In three months Ive lost one inch off my belly :/

same here :(
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    First in, last out. I find this phrase very true lol. I have my belly fat since secondary or high school. Since starting to lose weight, I have made good progress reducing fat layers from most part of the body. The bump below my belly button is still there but it has shrunk considerably in measurement. I have been doing cardio and strength trainings. Feeling very optimistic about the result.

Have OP take any measurement?
  • BodyReshape
    Options
    There is no way to target fat loss from certain areas. Diet, cardio and strength training will get you the best results.

Totally agree.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had a trainer, who is now a friend, who always had an inch to pinch on the tummy. She had a low BF %, strong as ox, no fat anywhere else at 52 and worked out every day.

Her diet was perfect except for the brownies she loved! IF she was going to Cabo for vacay, she would cut out the brownies for a month and her 6 pack would show. Only a pound or 2 lost, if that, but the layer of fat would be gone on her tummy.

Now for me I am still 20 pounds away from being her weight, and 1000 workouts from the BF% so it would be an entirely different story for me!!!

My stomach was the last to go. I read first on, last off.

So where am I going with all this blah blah? Try a few different things. You only have 10 pounds so why not try low carb for a month and see what happens. My dr recommended South Beach, but you can cut out bread/pasta and bring down your numbers in a snap.

Heck, when I cut out gluten for medical reasons I dropped 2 inches in my stomach.

Lean protein, tons of veggies, huge salads, good fats (olive oil, avocado, nuts) and some fruits, apple, banana, berries are good.

And of course core exercises to fee stronger.

Make it a challenge for 1 month. As a matter of fact, I take on this challenge as of today!!! :flowerforyou: