I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT TO START 30DS

Options
shabrick00
shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
If you have done the 30DS, do you only do the video or you incorporate additional exercise as well?

Replies

• Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I only did the video. The reason why I did it was because I didn't have time to do tons of working out - so half an hour was the "quick way" of working out.
  • becausemexico
    becausemexico Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the shred today, so I don't have actual experience with it. However, I've read a lot of stuff that others have said about it. To answer your question, it depends. Some people stick to just the 30DS and get fantastic results. However, it is also important that you focus not just on doing the shred, but incorporate healthy eating choices as well. Others add in additional work outs, such as cardio. I imagine that if you do this you will see the results faster. The great thing about the 30DS is that because of the different levels it provides, that you won't plateau. Personally, I'm going to just focus on the shred until I develop a routine of working out regularly.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just finish 30DS yesterday and I always did something after or before I did it. I just don't think 27 min is enough of a workout for me.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My typical routine was to walk on treadmill for two miles and then run for two miles. When I did the shred I skipped my run (except on the weekends when I had more time). I only wanted to do a 30 minute workout in the evenings so it was either run or shred but not both. It depends on your fitness level and the time you have to invest in working out each day. I loved my results from the shred. Good luck :)
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    At first just the video. Once I got to level 4 and plateaued I added in extra cardio with running a mile or two.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I do the video and wear a pedometer. I try to hit 10k steps a day but often only get to 5-8k.

I don't really enjoy working out so a short, sharp shock of it first thing in the morning is about right!
  • jamie_teresa
    jamie_teresa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did the DVD, ten days on each level with a rest day before going onto the next level. I then did it again, but tried to do the more difficult version of the moves. It's a great program and you'll get results if you stick with it. If you like 30DS, I recommend her Ripped in 30 DVD.
  • shabrick00
    Options
    I wasnt sure if doing the shred and doing some additional cardio would be too much
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS since October 8th and I try to incorporate extra cardio in at least every other day.
  • shabrick00
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS since October 8th and I try to incorporate extra cardio in at least every other day.
    I was hoping you answered!...Thanks I will do that so I dont over work myself....I read your blog and was super excited about tht result you have thus far
  • kayvanne
    kayvanne Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I need to start doing it again!

My advice is don't do it on tile floor bare foot like I did. I had awful awful awful shin splints after that and had to stop. I could hardly walk to campus. Just remember to always carve out time in your day. Don't just assume you'll have time!

The first day is okay. 2nd and 3rd are horrible. But after that it got a lot better. A lot easier...and I wasn't nearly as tired.

I would recommend just doing the shred until you start feeling like it's not as big of a challenge. You are supposed to switch up to the next level after 10 days which intensifies the workout again. XD I don't think I could survive 1 hr of gym + shred. I think biking would be a nice additional cardio. I'm going to try that soon : D