What gets you motivated? I need HELP.....

Options
When I first started this....It was so easy...I was able to drop lbs...left and right....I have lost a told of 28 lbs on here and 36 according to my doctor... I figure now that I exercise 5-7days a week (for 2-5 hours a day) and eating the same...the pounds would keep dropping...Now I am finding it harder to keep my focus....I thought the more I would lose the more I will be motivated...What is going on with me? Is there anyone else having the same issues....

Replies

• EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Keep thinking about your original goals..why you wanted to get healthy in the first place. That always keeps things in perspective for me. Keep working lady! you got this!

--Liz
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    thanks for posting this.
  • groucherella
    Options
    I think it's natural to feel this way, the important thing is that you overcome it. Someone told me recently to just do it until it doesn't suck anymore. It may seem trivial, but it actually helped.
  • janalenee
    janalenee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The biggest motivator I have EVER had - We are doing a "Biggest Loser" competition at work. It was $20/person to sign up. It goes for 6 weeks. We weigh in every Thursday. On Thursdays if any one gains any weight they have to pay $1 per pound penalty. At the end - the 1st place person - the one that lost the most % of body weight wins the $20 that everyone paid. The 2nd place winner wins all of the penalty money. This has been GREAT motivation - after all...what better motivation than MONEY?? =D There are 36 people in our comp...That's $720 bucks to the first place winner!! WOOHOO!

A good suggestion to someone who needs to UP thier motivation...Start a "biggest loser" competition at home with your friends and family! Schedule a weigh in at your house, or where-ever once a week...Trust me! It really works! =D My first week I lost only 1.6lbs...and our next weigh in is this Thursday...Feel free to add me as a friend if you have any questions!!! Good Luck!!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    When I first started this....It was so easy...I was able to drop lbs...left and right....I have lost a told of 28 lbs on here and 36 according to my doctor... I figure now that I exercise 5-7days a week (for 2-5 hours a day) and eating the same...the pounds would keep dropping...Now I am finding it harder to keep my focus....I thought the more I would lose the more I will be motivated...What is going on with me? Is there anyone else having the same issues....

my biggest motivator was seeing results but I know how you feel because I did eventually hit a wall (PLATEAU). Glad to say that I pushed through it and broke the plateau. Don't give up! you have come so far! Change up- try new foods, try new exercises... keep moving forward!! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Intimidator
    Intimidator Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was thinking....maybe instead of making my goal...to lose 100 lbs....maybe change it up...maybe 4 goals of losing 25....that way once I complete one...maybe it will give me the feeling of completion...or give myself gifts for each 5 lbs I lose....
  • groucherella
    Options
    I was thinking....maybe instead of making my goal...to lose 100 lbs....maybe change it up...maybe 4 goals of losing 25....that way once I complete one...maybe it will give me the feeling of completion...or give myself gifts for each 5 lbs I lose....

That's a good idea. Smaller goals just seem more attainable and as you reach each goal it fuels you to continue.
  • darcibean
    Options
    My motivation is my daughter and future child(ren). I want to be someone they are proud of to show off. Same for my husband, I want him to feel proud when he introduces me to his co-workers and friends, not embarrassed.

I want to feel better about myself, I just keep pushing, because really it's not that hard to eat healthy. I don't exercise a ton, and I've never been one to exercise...but I'm getting there. Set goals and make them small :)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    My motivation is my pregnancy, kids, and future pregnancies. I want to be as healthy as possible so I can keep up with my 3 kids (under 27 months) and for another pregnancy. You CAN do this!! Keep up the great work!!
  • DolfinDee
    Options
    Everything in life has obsticules for us to climb up or down. Some maybe small and others maybe big. It's all how you look at things. If you see a moutain, then attack it as a ladder, climb up one rung at a time, it will take patience and time to overcome. The Valley is the low part, the Plateau is the middle(half way point), the Summit is the top. Each time you reach a level all you have to do is push through and soon you will reach your goal. Kristy just remember what Daddy Norman said from "A Knight's Tale" "Only you can change your stars". You have seen with me that once I set my mind to something I can accomplish anything. Just believe in yourself and you will overcome anything in your life that you are struggling with. I'm here for you and together we make a great team. Love ya sis!!!
  • Intimidator
    Intimidator Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried setting up the small goals of (10's)...Its working so far....I have 8 more lbs before I reach my next goal...On that day I am going to go get me a little black dress...I found that if you set a small goal and have the reward in your sight...then it makes losing the weight a little more fun...
    What worries me is what happen if this doesn't work anymore...