This is bad. Night binging....x3!!

Options
Ever since I moved into my new apartment for college I can not seem to sleep all the way through the night...
EVERY SINGLE night I wake up around midnight, then 3am, and sometimes more and EAT. My mind tells me i'm hungry but honestly I dont really even know if I am because I'm so tired and in a daze I can't think.

Last night (you can look at my diary) was HORRIBLE. I binged on mostly carbs and ate ALL my calories for the day.....

I don't know why i do this. I dont know if it is because I am stressed or because my body is trying to tell me something...i have no clue but all I need to know are some tips to stop myself from waking up. I keep water there, but still have cravings. I eat before bed to make sure I wont wake up, but i STILL do.

uhhgggg :frown: :ohwell: :sad:

Replies

• bobball
    bobball Posts: 57
    Options
    see your doctor, and perhaps eat more during the evening would be my suggestion. You will absolutely gain weight if you do that more than once a week.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Tonight if it happens try a piece of bread and peanut butter. That works for me when it happens to me. I workout before bed so sometimes my metabolism is in high gear when I am sleeping and I get hungry during the night.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Ever since I moved into my new apartment for college I can not seem to sleep all the way through the night...
    EVERY SINGLE night I wake up around midnight, then 3am, and sometimes more and EAT. My mind tells me i'm hungry but honestly I dont really even know if I am because I'm so tired and in a daze I can't think.

Last night (you can look at my diary) was HORRIBLE. I binged on mostly carbs and ate ALL my calories for the day.....

I don't know why i do this. I dont know if it is because I am stressed or because my body is trying to tell me something...i have no clue but all I need to know are some tips to stop myself from waking up. I keep water there, but still have cravings. I eat before bed to make sure I wont wake up, but i STILL do.

uhhgggg :frown: :ohwell: :sad:

Yikes! Both times I've had that problem I was pregnant!
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had a bad night too :( I ate everything in the fridge including the butter
    No judgements

lol
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't been during the night but as soon as I get off work until I go to bed. I feel like I'm eating anything and everything I can get my hands on! I really need to quit this. . .it's so bad I just quit logging in my food after 5 p.m. (which I know isn't helping - so please don't lecture me on it).

Just think at least tomorrow is a new day! :flowerforyou:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I looks like you didn't eat dinner the night before, that could have something to do with it. Also you need a good balance of healthy fats. carbs, and protein to keep you full. I am not an expert but its a good place to start.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary, but if you are bingeing you are probably not eating frequently enough during the day or may be too restrictive. If you really want to clean things up it has to be a day by day process. Eating perfect won't happen overnight, but like someone else mentioned make sure you get the proper balance of carbs, fat and protein.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ya maybe I need to incorperate more protein. I just have a hard time getting ideas of good, fast recipes to cook for chicken and fish. I just have a hard time telling myeslf I am not hungry. I eat because it feels good and tastes good :(