Pumpkin Flavor!

Options
Help! I love me some pumpkin flavored anything! I am on a low carb no sugar diet and would love to hear if anyone has some do-able recipes! This time of year kills me! Thanks!

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Canned pumpkin mixed into cottage cheese with pumpkin pie spice and some splenda.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wish we had canned pumpkin here. I love pumpkin but I'll do myself a serious injury in the kitchen one of these days.

Have a look on pinterest for paleo pumpkin recipes. Though I guess it depends how you're defining sugar - just the white processed stuff or are you including fruit & veg in that too?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I had pumpkin spice cream cheese on my English muffin this morning. It was amazing! 8 g carbs, don't know about sugar because I don't monitor that.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie
    Pumpkin pie pop tarts
    Pumpkin patch ice cream
    Pumpkin bread
    Pumpkin Cream cheese bread
    Pumpkin Roll
    Pumpkin cheesecake ice cream

Oh low carbs? Um...bummer.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy pumpkins today and going to make a bunch of pumpkin recipes over the weekend. Including pumpkin soup and roasted pumpkin.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Canned pumpkin mixed into cottage cheese with pumpkin pie spice and some splenda.

Going to try this..
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie
    Pumpkin pie pop tarts
    Pumpkin patch ice cream
    Pumpkin bread
    Pumpkin Roll

You have to find the cream cheese! It's like cream cheesey pumpkin pie. I was tempted to eat it right out of the container, but I contained myself. :bigsmile:
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    http://www.drsarasolomon.com/pumpkin-cheesecake-protein-pudding/

http://www.drsarasolomon.com/gaspari-protein-donuts/
    I have only made the donuts and they are delicious !! I replaced the coconut oil with more pumpkin and it still worked. I didnt make the icing, instead I used ff creamcheese mixed with cinnamon and stevia.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Rogue_PumpkinPatchAle.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Butter Cake (As modified from Paula Deen.)

Cake
    1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
    1 egg
    1/2 cup butter, melted

Filling
    1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese (This is the only change, lol)
    1 cup (245g) canned pumpkin
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    2 lightly beaten
    2 egg whites
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2-3/4 cups (390 g) confectioners' sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg and butter on low speed until combined. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
    In a another large bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the butter, eggs, egg whites and vanilla; beat on low until combined. Add the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Pour over crust.
    Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.

picU1h2Cc.jpg

This is not what mine looks like, but in an ideal world...
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie
    Pumpkin pie pop tarts
    Pumpkin patch ice cream
    Pumpkin bread
    Pumpkin Roll

You forgot the best one ^^^

*But that last one sounds f'n amazing!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    http://www.drsarasolomon.com/gaspari-protein-donuts/

Seriously? You are my absolute hero. My husband is going to love me more than ever. LOL Thanks!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Cake
    1 egg
    1/2 cup butter, melted

Filling
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    2 lightly beaten
    2 egg whites
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg and butter on low speed until combined. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
    In a another large bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the butter, eggs, egg whites and vanilla; beat on low until combined. Add the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Pour over crust.
    Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.

picU1h2Cc.jpg

Wow! And no carbs or sugar!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Cake
    1 egg
    1/2 cup butter, melted

Filling
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    2 lightly beaten
    2 egg whites
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

picU1h2Cc.jpg

Wow! And no carbs or sugar!

What are carbs and sugars? Whatever they are I'm pretty sure the pumpkin cancels them out.

And egg whites! It's got egg whites!
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Help! I love me some pumpkin flavored anything! I am on a low carb no sugar diet and would love to hear if anyone has some do-able recipes! This time of year kills me! Thanks!

Here's a couple

Pumpkin Pie Custard
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1097823-healthy-pumpkin-pie-custard-low-carb-gluten-free

Pumpkin Pancakes
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103420-low-carb-gluten-free-pumpkin-pancakes

Also, I make a big protein shake with almond milk & heavy whipping cream to which I add pumpkin puree, cinnamon & ginger. It's very filling!
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
    1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon

Heat the pumpkin and then mix in the rest. Tastes amazing!
  • myfitnesspalsavvy
    myfitnesspalsavvy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you like to drink shakes but here's a low-carb Pumpkin shake!
    http://heidipowell.net/4411/pumpkin-pie-protein-shake-low-carb-heaven/