But it's Dr Oz... it HAS to be true...

right..

Right???!?!

*dreams slowly being crushed*
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    But more on topic...

Pills and gimnmicks and such.. are not worth it..It's cheating to find a "quick fix" to your weight loss.. the only real way to lose weight and keep it off it to follow proper nutrition guidelines for your lifestyle and body type. To change how you view and think about food and how you approach your meals and meal planning..

If what you are doing isnt' working, try a different route..

Also.. what happens when you come off said diet pill or gimick? If you havnt' learnd proper nutirition, then you'lll just gain it all back.

Health and weight loss is 80% nutrition, 20% exercise and 100% mental..
  • Gabr13l
    Gabr13l Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been using the pills for a while now and they kinda help if you combine them with exercises too.They give you a hand to get in shape faster.
  • judystx
    judystx Posts: 2
    Options
    I tried Garcinia Cambogia earlier this year and I was amazed by the result! I noticed I wasnt as hungry as I usually get. I lost 2 pounds the first week and I didnt even exercise. The next two weeks I went to the gym 3 times a week and I lost an additional 10 pounds! I wouldnt say that this is some magic pill that you could take and expect immediate results. Use your common sense, if you eat more than you burn off then you wont lose weight but if you stick to an exercise routine, control what you eat (which is easy with this product) then you can be sure to lose some weight!
  • caz757
    Options
    I tried it, followed all the guidelines, it made no difference in terms of weight or inches compared to not using it. In fact, when I stopped taking it I noticed a decrease in appetite so as an appetite suppressant it sucked as well.
    I had thought that Dr OZ wouldn't have advertised a gimmick product, I guess I was making wrong assumptions.
  • gomezeureka
    Options
    Garcinia Cambogia Extract by Polaris Brand works fine with me . I bought mine from Amazon. You just have to be very careful on what product you choose , as there are so many fake products on the market. They are all claiming to be the best and effective supplement. I chose the Polaris Brand because it's a Made in USA product,which has undergone serious research. Just see the labels and read the product reviews. Good luck!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Garcinia Cambogia Extract by Polaris Brand works fine with me . I bought mine from Amazon. You just have to be very careful on what product you choose , as there are so many fake products on the market. They are all claiming to be the best and effective supplement. I chose the Polaris Brand because it's a Made in USA product,which has undergone serious research. Just see the labels and read the product reviews. Good luck!

Shill. 13 posts of "burp" on recipes in a few minutes does not give you a pass.
  • craigslist184
    Options
    I tried this and it works but not like they make it seem. I just makes u feel full.
  • Jessisings4God
    Options
    I bought a bottle of it for $45 off of PureFormulas.com. After watching the Dr. Oz show, I wrote down the criteria. He reiterated on the show that he does not endorse any products and that "if you see anything with my name or picture on it, don't buy it b/c I don't do endorsements." The criteria is
    -Must be Garcinia Cambogia Extract
    -At least 50% HCA
    -Must have BOTH potassium & calcium for absorption
    -Effective dosage begins at 1500mg-3000mg (the higher the dosage the more weight loss their is)
    -Take on an empty stomach 30-60mins before a meal
    -Must have 0 fillers, binders, or extra ingredients

It is shown to help with emotional eaters, helps with stress, acts as an appetite suppressant, and I think makes the body use stored fat as energy.

I've been taking the pills for about a week. The pills I take, from DeeCee lab, contain Super CitriMax (I didn't know they did the study using CitriMax), are 1500mg, have both potassium & calcium, and are veggie capsules. Plus it's Kosher. It has 60% HCA (says it's clinical strength). I don't expect it to be a miracle pill, I do exercise and after thanksgiving well....am getting back to eating right. When taking it my hunger does not go away, in fact I get hungrier. I don't think I stress out too much to begin so I don't notice a difference when it comes to stress (I think stress can be handled by the power of attitude & mind anyway). It actually does help me go to the bathroom more which is a plus b/c I'm not regular. After taking the pills sometimes I taste something citrus in the back of my throat. So far, I'm not discrediting this b/c it's only been 1 week. So I'm gonna keep taking it and may actually purchase another bottle after these 120 capsules are finished (and look around for a cheaper price w/ higher mgs). That's my 2 cents. I don't usually buy diet pills, but I'm sold on this one for now. If after a month I see no difference, then I'll stop taking them
  • suzieroberts1
    Options
    I saw the following link on the internet:
    http://www.walkandburnfat.com/the-unbiased-look-at-garcinia-cambogia

I wonder if anyone has any experience with this advertisement and the product offered. I am very close to trying Garcinia Cambogia, but I need some advice.
    Suzie Roberts
  • suzieroberts1
    Options
    I ordered my Garcinia Cambogia from the following link:
    http://mbntrk.com/?a=2341&c=2&s1=
  • ericacorbare
    Options
    How is the carcinia working for you? I've been slowly losing a pound a week. Also walking more. I got my sample at http://fatburnnaturally.com
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I happened to be in my local health food store today and its a family ran/owned store and very reputable owners and they have
    2 different bottles of this carcinia cambogia on the shelf. Anyway, I asked him if he sold alot of it and if so has anyone mentioned
    losing weight while taking carcinia cambogia. The owner said that most everyone that has purchased this from his health food sotre is losing weight while taking it. There is one that also has a carb blocker in it, was also reasonable in price. I decided to read more info on it before buying but may decide to try it. hope that helps.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Watching Dr. Oz support a weight loss supplement called Garcinia Cambogia. Has anyone tried this supplement?, and if so, is it worth the cost? 24.99/ 120 capsules.

WTF is this? Some italian arch duke trying to take over the vatican?
  • lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it for a week and I've heard lots of negative responses to it so I want to share with you my experience:

Even though I've only been taking it for a little bit, I have already noticed a difference. My mood has been significantly improved, I'm sleeping better, my appetite has decreased, and I no longer have cravings or binges. It works so well that I have to force myself to eat. I just don't really have a desire anymore. Keep in mind I've only been taking about 1 pill a day (not 2 like it suggests) but I have been taking it as directed (30 min before a meal with 8 fl oz of water).

Any questions? Message me!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it for a week and I've heard lots of negative responses to it so I want to share with you my experience:

Even though I've only been taking it for a little bit, I have already noticed a difference. My mood has been significantly improved, I'm sleeping better, my appetite has decreased, and I no longer have cravings or binges. It works so well that I have to force myself to eat. I just don't really have a desire anymore. Keep in mind I've only been taking about 1 pill a day (not 2 like it suggests) but I have been taking it as directed (30 min before a meal with 8 fl oz of water).

Any questions? Message me!
    I have a question. Do you know what the placebo effect is? Secondly, do you know what a controlled double blind study is?
    You should research those two topics.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    So not a good investment...thanks for the heads up! It's just that my weight is coming off so slowwww...

It's not a race. We all want it off like yesterday, but it takes dedication and hard work (as I'm sure you are aware of, not saying you aren't)...
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a quack case closed. :huh: