Your favorite Crock Pot shredded chicken recipe

Options
i got tons of chicken to cook and eat and i'd love some yummy ideas!

Replies

• Carolannb4u
    Options
    Layer in sprayed crockpot...chicken breasts, one can seasoned white beans and one package taco seasoning. Cook on low until chicken is done, about 4-6 hrs. Shred chicken, mix it all up and use for tacos, burritos or over rice.
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Layer in sprayed crockpot...chicken breasts, one can seasoned white beans and one package taco seasoning. Cook on low until chicken is done, about 4-6 hrs. Shred chicken, mix it all up and use for tacos, burritos or over rice.

That's almost exactly what I'm making for dinner tmrw, except adding onions, peppers, and tomatoes :)

Chicken and any low fat, low sodium, cream of whatever you like....You can also add in spinach, broccoli, cheese, anything. I like mine with onion, shredded, and served over steamed broccoli or cauliflower .
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I made this on the stove last night. I intended to make taco stuffing, but it came out like a stew (I forgot to drain the tomatoes...oops). But, I'm sure it can be done in the crockpot too.

1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can of whole kernel corn
    2 medium white potatoes (russett would work too)
    1/2 yellow onion
    1 green bell pepper
    1 package of taco seasoning
    3-4 chicken breasts (depending on size)

Throw in a pan and simmer for about 45 min. Take out chicken and either cube or shred and return to pan to simmer for another 10 min. Serve. You can tope with sour cream and cilantro if you choose.

270 calories per serving
    31 carbs
    2 grams of fat
    27 grams of protein
    5 grams of fiber
    10 grams of sugar

(I'm assuming you can do this in a crockpot in about 4 hours using frozen corn and chicken).

4 servings.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well,my crockpot is on right now.

About 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast; covered in salsa (I just use store-bought). Throw the the chicken and salsa in the crockpot. I cook on high for about 2 hours, reduce the heat to low for another hour or so...then take the chicken out, shred. Put the shredded chicken in for another hour either low/"keep warm" option...and eat!
  • Grinb
    Grinb Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian chicken- 3lbs of frozen chicken breast or tenderloins one 12 ounce bottle of sweet baby rays (I like the honey BBQ) one can of drained pineapple chunks (20 ounce in its own juice) and a tsp of red pepper flakes cook on high for 5 hours (or until tender) you can eat it as is or shred it up and make quesadillas or taco or a sandwich lol good over rice, broccoli lots of uses and very good!

*edit to add* put chicken in a sprayed crockpot, mix bbq sauce pepperflakes and pineapple in bowl and pour over chicken nice n easy (I used some of the pineapple juice to "rinse out" the bbq sauce bottle)
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've done this on the stove but you could definitely do it in the crock instead. I usually sub balsamic instead of the ACV because we are always out of ACV and it turns out super delicious. I also usually only do a little over a pound of chicken because I'm just cooking for me so I get 4 servings of a little over 4 ozs

ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
    Salt and pepper
    1 onion, finely chopped
    4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 1/3 cups barbecue sauce
    1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    Hot pepper sauce

directions

Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a heavy pot with the onion, garlic and just enough water to cover (about 1-1/2 cups). Add the barbecue sauce, vinegar and a few drops hot sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the sauce and shred with two forks.

Boil the sauce, skimming occasionally, until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shredded chicken and heat through.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    BBQ Pulled chicken!

Chicken in crockpot with water or stock. Cook on low 6-8 hours, shred and toss with your favorite BBQ sauce!
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Cilantro-Lime-Chicken/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

Delicious, fast, and EASY. It's my standby.

Ingredients:
    1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
    1 (1.25 ounce) package dry taco
    seasoning mix
    1 lime, juiced
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:
    1. Place the salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture. Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 4 hours. If desired, set cooker to Low and cook 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks to serve.

(Nutritional information varies depending on your salsa, seasoning, cut/amount of meat, etc, of course)

Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Calories: 272

Amount Per Serving:

Total Fat: 4.7g
    Cholesterol: 117mg
    Sodium: 976mg
    Total Carbs: 9.3g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
    Protein: 45.3g
  • Kolmi01
    Kolmi01 Posts: 46
    Options