Football Sunday Junk food

Options
mloumason
mloumason Posts: 28 Member
So today I wanted to do some football junk food but still have something I could indulge in and feel like I got the junkie fix...So Buffalo Chicken Meatballs...YUMMMM

If anyone else has any healthed up junk food recipes please post em Super Bowl is still many Sundays away...

2 lbs Jenny O Turkey 90/10
1 23oz Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
2 oz Blue Cheese Crumbles
1/4 Cup Progresso Bread Crumbs

28 Servings 1 meatball

I made just rolled ground turkey in to balls using my cookie scoop for measuring I then pressed a thumb into each ball and put a little amount of blue cheese in after that i closed meat around the cheese making sure it was sealed in. Roll each ball in bread crumbs or gently shake in a zip lock bag. Place meatballs on baking sheet and bake at 375 til done. Have your Franks Hot sauce in a crock pot warm or in a sauce pan when meatballs are done dip, dunk, submerge what ever your preference and then put on serving dish. These were wonderful and after putting everything in MFP recipe I ended up with 28 meatballs at 57 calories a piece .

Replies

• mloumason
    Options
    Today I'm making Skinny creamy enchiladas
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Both of your recipes look yummy :smile: We are football junkies here, both college and pro, and I'm a serious Buffalo Chicken-oholic, so anything with those flavors is something I've got to try.

I love Skinneytaste.com for recipes and tried Gina's Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, though I didn't bother with the crockpot for braising the chicken. It was pretty good! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/crock-pot-buffalo-chicken-lettuce-wraps.html

I am going to try her Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip soon http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

I'd love to see some more lightened-up Sunday football food ideas.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    How are they chicken meatballs if you're using turkey? Ha. Sounds good though. I'm a Jenni-O fan myself.
  • mloumason
    Options
    Ha you're right guess its not chicken its turkey ... didn't think about it but either way made them last night and took them to a halloween party so yummy
  • Kolmi01
    Kolmi01 Posts: 46
    Options
    Yum
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tonight, going to go Asian flare (as if my Tuna loaf last night didn't already have me sweating bullets) going to chunk up some white fish fillet (and a nice dusting of Old Bay Seasoning) bring out the wok to give it a nice sear. Throw in some Ginger, garlic, basil (trying some frozen cubes my sister suggested I try for quick occasions) and some chili garlic sauce (double garlic yum) - throw in some onion and bell pepper strips till just a little soft. Throw in some Cabbage leaves and wrap. If I feel ambitious, I may wrap the whole mix and then take the wraps and cook them off in the oven...or if not just put in leaves and eat some tasty fish taco's!!!!
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Crusher those fish tacos sound great! I made them for the first time last week (why didn't I think of Old Bay? I'd wear it as perfume :smile: ) with some flounder, with lime and cilantro baked in the oven. I made fresh salsa from the last of my tomatoes, heavy on the jalapeno:explode: ) and served on low carb tortillas (1 for me and 3 for Himself). They were very good!

As to football food, right now I'm taping the Va Tech-Boston College game(GO HOKIES:bigsmile: ), Himself is rebuilding new front steps, and Grandma's Presidential Pot Roast burbles on the stove. So that's on the menu tonight along with braised red cabbage and baked Yukon Golds-a teensy one for me and a fist-sized one for Himself. And a big salad.

Tomorrow Red Zone plays for 7 hrs while I cook....Ah, football season!! Love it:love:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    have to run to the supermarket now :happy:
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I so hope they do! Been on diet for the last 2 weeks....dropped 11 lbs on first weigh in today.

Thanks for the add too their Lovey....It will help a lot to get the support of others.