hello

Options
Okay, new here.....I have had it and I am ready to make some serious changes. My diabetes is not controlled..I want to get everything back on track and get back into shape! My ultimate goal is to lose 60 pounds. I lost 30 about 4 years ago...but then I quit smoking and used it as an excuse to put it all back on...AND MORE!

I am looking forward to getting to know some of you...it is so important to have others that are on the journey too!

Currently, I walk 1 mile a day and I play softball one night a week. I know that is not a lot, but it is a start. I also just got a few work out videos that I will start doing about 3/4 times a week.

I am excited!!!

Replies

• Maggie1960
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's great here, there is so much support. I really enjoy having the virtual companionship of my MFP friends as I travel towards the new slim me.:flowerforyou: Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • KsONeill
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I hope you find this site as easy to use as I have. My husband and I started this about 1 month ago and it has made such a huge difference in our lifestyle. It seemed that before we went out to eat as a form of entertainment. Now we really discuss if the extra calories are worth it. Keeping a log really holds you accountable! There is also a lot of useful information in the blogs if you feel like you get stuck or just need a little ecouragement. Again - good luck!!
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is actually the umpteenth diet site I have tried over the last few years. However, it is by far the most supportive and realistic! I wish you well on the journey to the new healthier you!
  • jcanant
    jcanant Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!