This ain't my first rodeo...

Options
Names katrina, I'm 20, and depressingly weigh 188 lbs. I weighed a little more than this a few years ago after I got out of high school and then hit the gym everyday almost and lost 45+ pounds putting me at an average of about 150. This time I'm working out and I can see a difference as you may below, but... I keep gaining weight! Like wtf. I've always had self image issues, which probably go back to when my dad used to weigh me at the age of 10 and wouldn't let me play outside if I didn't weigh a certain amount. Messed me up for life I guess. Loving who I am, and loving my body how it is isn't really possible. I know I can lose weight because I have done it before.. But why am I gaining weight?! It's so discouraging... :(

f344431f-bbd8-45e4-8e08-9ebe53755656_zps961f8dd8.jpg

Replies

• FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Ok first of all, that photo on the right is a little more revealing than I think you realize... just a heads up.

If you want to loose some fat, that's fine and I get it, but if I can just give you this man's genuine opinion on your photos, you are very pretty. I would have no problem with what you've got. :smile:

Otherwise, I can't help you with the emotional stuff, but I would like to mention a few things.

Weight on the scale is a stupid thing to be concerned with (though it's often the only thing women care about), because it's a dull instrument. It's only a total, and eating a meal makes you gain weight (my weight fluctuates between 2-4 lbs daily).

Also, many women experience weight gain when they start working out. I'm not sure the reasons why exactly (though I believe it's due mostly to their muscles retaining more fluid/water), but whatever it is, it's definitely not fat, so who cares? Just keep at it and you will loose the fat and hit your goals.

Make sure you are eating a deficit and logging your calories accurately.

I can tell that weight, diet, and exercise are a big part of your life. You should take the time to read about it so you don't freak out about the little things, because once you keep at it and reach your goals, this kind of stuff isn't going to matter at all. A great book for you to read is New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm telling you, it's worth its weight in gold.
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ^ words of wisdom right there... :) nicely done!