I not doing good this week!?!?

Options
Well actually honestly I never really do good but it's just this week is not my week or something! I can't even finish insanity I quit like 30 minutes in! Next week is my last week of insanity and I have lost nothing!!! I'm so disappointed in myself but I don't have any will power to lose weight and be able to push myself through a workout! A year ago I lost 15 pounds and I ate okay and was actually able to push myself through my workout videos! But know I can't! And then I ate pretzels after I exercised when I shouldn't have ate! It's so hard to lose weight! I have to lose 30 pounds by February but it doesn't seem possible with my unhealthy habits! Plus my grandmother bought donuts and chips today so I gave in!!! I can never help myself! It's so hard!!! Please give me tips and advice on how to stop doing this, how to push myself through a workout, and a healthy meal plan! Thanks!

Replies

• kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Just think "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips." And as far as workouts go if I absolutely hate something I will not stick with it. Pick something you enjoy like walking outside or Tae Bo if you like to kick some *kitten*!
  • vk2929
    vk2929 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I struggle too with saying no to unexpected treats at work or at a friend's house. The best way that I've found to avoid this is by pre-logging my day's worth of meals. Somehow that puts me in a better mindset and I'm more able to resist. Good luck and remember tomorrow is another day and you can get right back on track! Just like weight gain, weight loss is the result of cumulative healthy changes.
  • tmariethomas5
    Options
    It's sounds like you don't like the Insanity work out - perhaps find something that is more enjoyable and fun (no, not P90X, that sucks too, lol!) and did you tell your granny you are trying to lose? ask her to bring you veggies and fruit instead.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Well actually honestly I never really do good but it's just this week is not my week or something! I can't even finish insanity I quit like 30 minutes in! Next week is my last week of insanity and I have lost nothing!!! I'm so disappointed in myself but I don't have any will power to lose weight and be able to push myself through a workout! A year ago I lost 15 pounds and I ate okay and was actually able to push myself through my workout videos! But know I can't! And then I ate pretzels after I exercised when I shouldn't have ate! It's so hard to lose weight! I have to lose 30 pounds by February but it doesn't seem possible with my unhealthy habits! Plus my grandmother bought donuts and chips today so I gave in!!! I can never help myself! It's so hard!!! Please give me tips and advice on how to stop doing this, how to push myself through a workout, and a healthy meal plan! Thanks!

Good rant.
  • Lynda_91
    Options
    Don't write **** if youre not going to be helpful!
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just think "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips." And as far as workouts go if I absolutely hate something I will not stick with it. Pick something you enjoy like walking outside or Tae Bo if you like to kick some *kitten*!

I love quotes, they work for me ("nothing taste as good as Skinny feels") I totally agree that you have to find something you love to do.
  • LilchookNZ
    Options
    I totally understand the frustration. I have those moments when something seems to switch off and I can't be bothered finishing a workout and just want to crawl away and hide (with a stash of junk food).

I'm with tmarie on changing up the exercise. The last couple of days I was trying to do shred level 2 but some reason my brain just didn't want to complete it - so I just started doing random strength, cardio and ab exercises and before I knew it I had worked out longer than I would have doing Shred. Maybe it won't work out quite as effective but it made me feel good! Other one I sometimes do is just turn the music up and dance - the more ridiculous the better - e.g. crumping, booty-shaking, jumping around., the endorphins start to flow pretty quick which gives me a much better boost than flogging myself through a workout on a crappy feeling day.

Good luck I know you can get back to believing in you.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can't out-exercise a bad diet. But at least I'm sure you are fitter and have more endurance from doing Insanity.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

nice!

the fact of the matter is, no one can help you until you actually want to help yourself...

if you're sick of starting again, stop quitting!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

nice!

the fact of the matter is, no one can help you until you actually want to help yourself...

if you're sick of starting again, stop quitting!

She's right. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. You have to have the fire inside to get the job done or you'll never get anywhere. No one else can do that for you. You have figure out what works for you (maybe it's not Insanity or a specific food plan) and stick to it. This isn't a "part time" thing, it's a "whole life" thing!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Giving yourself 4 months to lose 30lb? You should have started a while ago. If you try too fast you are very unlikely to succeed.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    I sometimes have to fight with willpower. Support from my best friend and husband help me much with that. Don't be afraid to enlist the help of those around you! You might be surprised at the results!

Also, others have said its impossible to stick with exercises you don't like. YES YES YES! So true!!!
    For me, I love to walk... I look forward to walking so its a labor of love for me. (I also love to dance - I might look for a dance class this winter!)
    Perhaps give some thought to what you really like to do (maybe something you liked to do as a child, even).

I hope this helps. If you find "your groove", I hope you will update this thread with your progress.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    After 30 minutes of writing I deleted my post. Its just not worth it anymore.
  • BrittanySA
    Options
    I am no expert, but regarding the workout...maybe you just started too big. I think Insanity is a pretty hard core workout. I decided that for me, starting smaller was a better idea. So I modified a few simple 30 day challenges into 60 day challenges, so that the increase in intensity was more gradual, and modified the exercises themselves if I just couldn't do them (push ups for example).

At the end of the day, you have got to really want it. If it was easy, everyone would be thin. Good luck!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    This may fall into the category of "not being helpful" too but here goes:

When you are ready to lose the weight - you will. It's up to YOU to put in the work and build new habits that will help you stay on track through all the challenges that we all face in life.

Good luck. I wasn't ready until May 2012 at 54 years of age. Up until that point, I only "talked" about how I wanted to lose weight and how much I hated what I was doing to my body.

Hope you don't wait that long.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people like the idea of losing weight -- but you have to REALLY want it in order to do the work.

Sounds like you need to switch up your exercise and add variety -- even just a simple brisk walk for an hour or so with your favorite music.

If doughnuts or surprise treats are thrown your way, you either work them into your meal plan or just simply consider them not an option. There's can always be another day for treats like that. I think the bottom line is that you have to want it, and you have to have a plan set in stone to make it work.
  • jaysull21
    Options
    I don't always do good either.

I'm usually not one to dispense advice, but here's my two cents:

A - Set realistic goals for yourself. If you think you can't do insanity, then do lower impact exercise. I didn't think I could stick with a program like that, so I decided to do something different. Walk , maybe run if you get inspired. An hour brisk walk really does wonders for the sedentary. Realistic goals include losing X amount of weight in set time. You say you need to lose thirty by February? Would it be horrible if it's April? What if it's 25 instead? Need or Want? Smaller goals are alot easier to accomplish than bigger goals. I personally changed my weightloss goal from 1lb/week to 1/2 lb/week because I knew that now that the colder weather is here, I'd exercise less.

B - Look for little victories. Met your calories goal for the day? Be proud of yourself, do it consistently and the results will come! Don't celebrate by eating a donut though. That's counterproductive. Better choices don't have to happen all at once. You can build on it. If you mess up, and have an off day, try harder tomorrow. None of us got bigger than we are comfortable with overnight, you can't get where you want to be overnight either.

C - Log everything honestly. If you ate an extra portion of spaghetti, log that. If you are logging everything, and you are over your net calorie goal for the day consistently, then you need to figure out what works for you to budget your calories. Maybe it's adding an after dinner walk to burn off more? Maybe its adding more vegetables into your diet so you're still eating but eating less calories. It is what works for you. Which leads me to this last point:

D - Support from friends and family helps, but it is only you that make the change. When you're ready , you can do it. It may be hard, but nothing worth accomplishing usually comes easy.

Good luck!